DePuy Synthes Spine is currently searching for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their Raynham, MA facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This position will be responsible for:
• Collaborating with R&D Engineers in developing new product designs within a cross-functional team environment, specifically to develop innovative manufacturing solutions for Spinal implantable devices and reusable instruments.
• Responsible for establishing the relationship between product design features & the selected methods required to manufacture the product.
• Provide detailed assessments and critical Design for Manufacturing review of engineering designs/drawings of components and assemblies.
• Assess the design intent, manufacturability, proper dimensioning and tolerancing of components and assemblies to allow product to transition into the manufacturing environment.
• Manage the manufacturing of prototypes used in NPD, including selecting the most appropriate prototype methods and executing prototype development to support new product design trials.
• Complete financial estimates of component and assembly Cost of Goods Sold. Provide analysis and recommendations for feature and manufacturing cost tradeoffs during the design phase of new products.
• Develop comprehensive, cost effective manufacturing strategies, including supplier selection, to drive product team decisions on sourcing to achieve cost and time targets.
• A Bachelor’s Science degree is required.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or supply chain environment is required.
• Advanced degree is preferred.
• Experience working in medical device or regulated industry is preferred.
• Knowledge in the application of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), including industry best practices and experience in applying DFM to new product designs is required.
• Experience using process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma and lean preferred.
• Proficient ability to read and interpret engineering drawings required.
• Experience writing and executing equipment and process validations preferred.
• Experience working with an integrated cross-functional new product development team is required.
• This position will be based in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Industrial ManufacturingRequisition ID