DePuy Synthes Codman Neuro is currently searching for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer(III) for their Raynham, MA facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This individual will play a key role in developing, implementing and improving processes for Operations. The successful candidate will lead and participate on cross-functional teams concentrating on the improvement of existing products and processes as well as assisting with the launch of new products. The position will require a hands-on person that enjoys working with equipment, manufacturing products and working in a team environment.
This position will be responsible for:
• Leading business critical projects for the Codman Operations group.
• Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the production floor.
• Purchase new capital equipment.
• Develop manufacturing processes with project team members.
• Develop manufacturing specifications, bills, routes and travelers.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing process issues.
• Utilize proven statistical methods to drive decisions regarding product or process.
• Initiate and lead ‘Lean’ process improvement programs.
• Drive significant cost reduction projects.
• Lead or assist with in-load or transfer of products.
• Ensure compliance with all FDA, ISO, quality, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Process customer complaints and product non conformances.
• Coordinate validation activities for manufacturing processes.
• Develop and implement detailed project plans.
• Read, interpret, and utilize engineering drawings.
• A minimum of B.S. in Engineering is required (M.E. preferred).
• Must have at least five (5) years of overall manufacturing engineering experience within Medical Device or other regulated work environment is required.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment is required.
• This position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a team environment is required.
• History of identifying and delivering significant cost reduction projects is required.
• Knowledge of process validations, process mapping, GD&T, Lean and Process Excellence is preferred.
• Project management skills are required.
• Ability to mentor other Engineers and/or Co-ops is required.
• Process Excellence/Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) Certification is preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have proficiency with Microsoft Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is required.
• Experience with design & drafting software (AutoCAD & SolidWorks) a plus.
• Experience with Minitab or any statiscal software is preferred.
• Experience with automation is a plus.
• Experience with vision systems and PLC’s a plus.
• Experience with packaging processes is a plus.
• The position is located in Raynham, MA and it is required for the candidate to possess the ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.