At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer at our Athens, Georgia manufacturing facility. Please visit http://www.janssen.com/
for more information.
The Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer will:
- Be responsible for the API manufacturing processes and intermediates.
- Provide technical support for processes including performing analysis to measure process performance and implementing improvements in process cycle time, yield, and quality to maximize operations efficiency.
- Support introduction and validation of new and existing products.
- Provide expertise to new equipment design, installation and qualification.
- Provide day-to-day support of assigned processes creates and maintains documentation such as batch production records, operation procedures, criticality analysis, and key and controlled parameter documents.
- Conduct or participate in troubleshooting efforts by analysis and correction of both process and equipment problems to maintain or improve existing site operations.
- Be responsible for process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over. Prepare written interpretations of plant operating data and implements corrective action.
- Represent operations in engineering projects and coordinate small engineering projects.
- Prepare reports (campaign, monthly, or ad hoc) to keep management informed of work in progress with expected completion dates.
- Conduct or participate in development projects including laboratory, pilot plant or plant scale investigations to provide improved procedures, equipment or processes for existing products.
- Manage and execute the process and cleaning validation of new and existing products.
- Support the introduction of new processes by coordinating and executing the preparation activities for process start-ups and supply technical coverage.
- Assist in new and existing process and equipment design.
- Execute cost reduction and productivity improvement projects using Process or Design Excellence techniques. Utilizes appropriate risk management tools such as FMEA, HAZOP, and business risk evaluations.
- Conduct training for operations and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of cGMPs, process safety practices and environmental standards.
- Other projects or assignments as requested by management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering, Chemistry or related field plus a minimum of 4 years of related industry experience OR a Master’s degree in a similar field plus a minimum of 2 years of related industry experience is required
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Experience in an FDA regulated or GMP manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Experience with batch process control systems is preferred
- Experience with DeltaV and PI Reporting is highly preferred
- Experience with and ability to coach and mentor entry-level Process Engineers is preferred
- Ability to communicate and effectively work as part of a team is required
- Experience with Root Cause problem solving tools and writing investigations is highly preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma certification is preferred
- This positon is based in Athens, GA and requires up to 10% travel both domestic and international
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.