GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GE Healthcare product development and repair. This role focuses on our Harvest and Silver Preferred business. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: Installation and de-installation of diagnostic imaging equipment, set up and running of system level tests utilizing service manuals, advanced troubleshooting, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.
• Install, test and de-install diagnostic imaging equipment for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications.
• Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information.
• Construct and assist in engineering related implementations and validations.
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution.
• Conduct diagnostic tests following service manuals, as required to troubleshoot and repair system failures.
• Using field service tools order parts from service stock as needed to repair system failures.
• Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required.
• Utilize basic technical communications to improve system performance, reliability and functionality through interfacing with engineering, online and field service engineers.
• Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance.
• Provide cross-department process improvements focused on reducing overall product cycle time.
• Develop Lean principles to meet system testing standards utilizing takt time and system profitability gauges.
• Develop and execute training plans as required.
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals.
• Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations.
• Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and concessions and passing information to other technicians.
• Serve as the expert on new Harvest and Silver Preferred introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as testing and validation of new procedures are implemented.
• Lead EHS projects/activities designed to eliminate hazards and improve overall safety of job operations.
• Fill in as a Lead Technician as required by directing the work team, making task assignments and completing daily reports.
• Assist manager in providing evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of other team members.
• May participate in quality control inspections of certain subassemblies and final product.
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Training: Aware of and comply with GEHC training requirements
5. Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming & rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to it's specification.
6. Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, and Good Documentation Practices, as associated with this job type/position
1. Associates degree and 5 years technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 7 years experience.
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
6. Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
7. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
8. Demonstrated technical leadership ability
1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Oak Creek
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.