The position reports to the Director of Marketing Analytics in the Marketing department of Prudential Annuities. The incumbent is responsible for understanding the current marketplace, determining key insights that are applicable to the business, and for delivering those insights in a compelling and meaningful way to the organization.
Role will be responsible for creating and delivering market insights. This will be accomplished through acting as business owner and overseeing the design and execution of primary research, synthesizing existing (secondary and syndicated) market resources, and by identifying, recommending, and implementing new market resources. This role will require deep partnerships with internal (Thought Leadership, Strategic Research, etc.) and external subject matter experts.
- Identify the knowledge gaps within the Annuities organization. Recommend a plan to use market insight to close those gaps. This includes:
- Creating and following best practices in the creation and execution of holistic learning plans to close critical and complex business knowledge gaps.
- Gathering large volumes of research data from multiple (internal and external, qualitative and quantitative) sources
- Interpreting research data based in the context of business knowledge gaps, objectives, and strategies
- Synthesize insights and analysis from the data
- Present those insights, along with compelling recommendations, to key stakeholders, including business unit senior leaders.
- Act as a market insight resource expert:
- Acquires a comprehensive understanding of exiting market resources
- Continually identifies and recommends new market resources
- Proactively identify market trends based on those resources.
- Act as business owner and oversee/lead the proposal, planning, timing, execution, analysis, and presentation of primary research initiatives. This includes partnership with strategic research and external vendors.
- Act as the subject matter expert on market research methodologies.
- Create and maintain deep partnerships with key internal and external sources, including competitive intelligence, strategic research, thought leadership, industry groups, and sales and distribution.
- May serve as mentor/leader to less experienced staff
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 plus years of experience preferred
- Proven experience in market research including: results/findings interpretation and presentation/delivery of market insights.
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Learns quickly and is able to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.