Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: October 06, 2017
Reference ID: 1074048
Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Cloud Application Development, Data and AI team
The Cloud Application Development, Data and AI (CADD & AI) team is looking for a Senior Marketing Communications Manager to help drive speeches and communications activities for the Corporate Vice President (CVP). In this role, you’ll report to the Chief of Staff, and will support a variety of communications activities—ranging from speechwriting, blogs, social media, videos, demos, internal communications and more—to motivate audiences to think differently and take action.
The CADD & AI team is at the center of transformational shifts in the industry, bringing differentiated and compelling experiences to market spanning App Innovation, Data & Insights, and Artificial Intelligence.The team leads product marketing for developer and data platform offerings within Microsoft’s Cloud+Enterprise group and we’re also responsible for Microsoft’s strategy to democratize AI and make it accessible to every developer, and lead product marketing for AI-related products and services. We are one of the most technical marketing teams at Microsoft and are passionate about our core audiences and empowering them to build applications that will change the world.
To be successful in this role you must have the following experience:
• Storytelling, writing, and content development for technical audiences including developers: You will create content, including presentations, blogs, whitepapers that connect with technical audiences. You have experience building impactful messaging and writing stories that connect deeply with a developer audience.
• Executive Platform and narrative development: You will partner with Public Relations, Analyst Relations and Product Experts on a robust external platform and narrative to support the CVP. You will evaluate external engagement requests to determine if appropriate.
• Internal leadership communication development and management: You will drive development of content for All Hands, and internal employee communications that bolster team morale and ensure vision and priorities crystal clear.
• Planning and Execution: You will develop and execute project plans for speeches, including keynote and executive presentations, and drive everything from story creation, to asset development including video and demo sourcing, talk track development, beautiful slideware, to rehearsal schedules. You will provide feedback and support to CVP on speech delivery, travel to each speaking location to assist with back stage logistics and final preparations.
• Post-graduate or professional degrees preferred in Technical and Communications disciplines.
• Min 5+ years communications experience
• Experience performing similar Communications function for CVP and above required
• Experience developing messaging for developer audience required
• Strong ability to build relationships and earn trust across disparate groups
• Outstanding project management, judgment, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
• Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and autonomously
• Impeccable verbal and written communications skills
• Experience in engaging with PR agencies and partners
• Understanding of our key products, Visual Studio, SQL, Azure Data Services, Azure ML, Bots, Cognitive services and/or domain expertise.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.