Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Marketing Manager, Business Development & Industry Relations is responsible for business-to-business marketing insights, planning, and program implementation for the Aramark K-12 Education business. The Sr. Marketing Manager ensures a consistent, integrated marketing approach to the Education marketplace, by executing responsibilities focused on marketing/business planning; industry/trade relations; tradeshow management, content development and lead generation, and budget management. These initiatives will drive and deliver base business growth, new client acquisition and existing client retention, to align with and achieve K-12 Education Business goals and objectives. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Marketing Manager will be responsible for these areas:
- Marketing/Business Planning
- Preparation and implementation of the annual Marketing Business Plan for B2B initiatives including: business development support, education association engagement, market environment and trend analysis, current program evaluation, competitive assessment, growth opportunity evaluation, marketing strategies, tactics and budget.
- Industry/Trade Relations
- Manage and oversee participation in engagement activities with relevant Education associations (state and national associations of business officers, superintendents, school boards, and presidents), primarily around conference and trade show activity, sponsorships, and entertainment events.
- Develop marketing plans to leverage association engagement for business development success.
- Conferences/Trade Shows :
- Understand the myriad of details - from planning through execution and follow-up - for all education industry conferences attended by the Aramark K-12 Education team.
- Prepare and maintain fiscal year show calendar.
- Manage tradeshow properties and define necessary tradeshow support materials.
- Identify sponsorship and other opportunities that leverage organizational relationships and provide Aramark with a platform to highlight our brand and engage prospects.
- Collaborate with Education team, other Aramark business units and related vendors to plan appropriate exhibit space demonstrations for optimal attendee engagement (i.e. interactive activity, including food and facility services demos, onsite roundtables, etc.).
- Gather, analyze, and report team feedback for conferences
- Execute any pre- and post- conference marketing initiatives (i.e. attendee list mailings, sending follow up collateral, disseminating leads to team, etc.).
- Assist in comprehensive planning for any client/prospect events at national and key-targeted state conferences (including securing location, catering, décor, invitations, and entertainment) while managing to a pre-determined budget.
- Business Development Marketing
- Oversee the creative development of business development marketing tools, including collateral materials, case studies, capabilities presentations and proposal templates, trade show exhibits, lead generation campaigns, video assets, etc.
- Ensure marketing brand, objectives and sales messaging are appropriately represented and conveyed within all B2B communications and education association materials.
- Collaborate with internal lines of business teams and external partners of Aramark Education (including Education associations, advertising agencies freelance designers, fulfillment houses, and miscellaneous vendors) to effectively carry out Marketing and Sales strategies.
- Content Development and Lead Generation
- Lead content development and ensure clarity, consistency, and strategic integrity of all B2B materials, programs and activities. Manage monitoring, tracking, assessment and report out of all B2B marketing campaigns.
- Develop and execute comprehensive lead generation campaign for each fiscal year; components may include digital, mail, telemarketing, etc...
CANDIDATE PROFILE: Experience and Personal Attributes
- Budget Management: Manage the overall K-12 marketing business-to business- budget; use allocated financial resources efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible marketing experience with a demonstrated record of success and effective performance. Tradeshow/event management and budget management experience a plus.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team based environment within a heavily matrixed organization;
- Strong strategic marketing, organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to ensure timely delivery of all projects and initiatives;
- K-12 education and/or services marketing experience preferred (not required); and
- Communication, collaboration, and management experience with external marketing agencies.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation, and the ability to productively communicate with a wide range of people and personalities, with a solid professional demeanor;
- Solid strategic, analytical, and decision making skills;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and strong multi-tasking/time management skills;
- Confidence, self-starter mindset, and ability able to work effectively with little supervision and authority;
- Creative and flexible in new situations and rapidly changing, dynamic environments;
- A results-oriented individual who can make a difference; an individual who takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability and has a "can do" attitude; has a sense of urgency; and
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and good listening skills.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. A master's degree/MBA is a plus.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.