Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park, Boxborough, RTP
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1019722
Cisco Developer Marketing Team Lead - Senior Marketing Manager
Working within the Enterprise Solutions marketing team, the successful candidate will lead the DevNet marketing team to create awareness, thought leadership, demand and increase membership for Cisco's Developer Community - DevNet. This candidate will utilize a broad set of both technical, market, and marketing skills in order to create appropriate marketing strategy, plans, campaigns, assets, and more, which inspire developers and network engineers to join DevNet and help accelerate the deployment of Cisco networking, IoT, data center, collaboration, and security solutions . This position puts the candidate front and center with developers, industry influencers, sales teams, internal engineering teams and executives.
We provide developers, networking engineers, sales engineers and other stakeholders with the information they need to create digitally disruptive applications on top of the Cisco platform. The Cisco platform includes virtually everything in a new world data center (cloud and traditional), and reaches out all the way to the IoT devices, including all of the networking and control software that pulls it all together from end-to-end. Furthermore, this team is key to explaining all of the APIs present in the platform.
Our team is able to show, educate, and enable a developer how to use this network platform in order to create digitally disruptive applications that leverage the Hybrid-cloud Network Platform for the Internet of Things and Analytics. Are you ready to be part of that effort?
Role & Responsibilities
Responsible for deep understanding of both developer environments, requirements for mobile, app, cloud, and infrastructure developers who use the DevNet platform to create digitally disruptive software applications. Your role will be to increase membership and participation with Cisco DevNet.
• Build and lead a team of developer marketing managers and create an overall marketing plan, strategy, and execution with focused KPIs around increasing awareness, enabling sellers, and creating demand for Cisco developer platform.
• Research and understand technology innovation in the developer environment and change as well as target customer needs and desires.
• Create marketing assets (eg. Messaging, value props, social media content, blogs and videos) and lead big global launches and announcements designed to show the relevance, importance and key differentiators of the Cisco Developer platform as well as bring in new membership and increase preference of existing membership.
• Utilize social media channels to get the word out about events, blogs, and other newsworthy subjects.
• Collaborate with internal technology development teams, external technology partners and customers to show end-to-end success stories - all the way down to the code when needed.
• Act as technology / product / solution spokesperson internally (sales, marketing) and externally (customers, industry events)
This position requires three key ingredients for success. The successful candidate will have led or been a core part of a developer marketing team in a previous role.
• 10+ years experience in technology marketing with a thorough understanding of the entire lifecycle of technical products, including research, competitive analysis, product specifications, outbound messaging strategy and key asset creation. The ideal candidate has created products from research through to production and marketing.
• 10+ years of experience in IT infrastructure with a thorough understanding of networking, cloud, security, collaboration, mobile technologies ranging from inside the data center/cloud to the end user and inclusive of IoT technologies. The ideal candidate has built and designed large networks using Cisco technologies and/or actually been on IT infrastructure product teams.
• Deep understanding of developer/DevOps related products, services and solutions including market, trends and competition. Ability to create messaging and content by gathering additional information, if needed, from other SMEs and product/service owners
• Strong writing and presentation skills; ability to create collateral or presentations that are clearly written and succinct, comfortable presenting to small groups, internal stakeholders, and external communities sales, partners, and customers. The ideal candidate will have a history of teaching technical subjects to sales, sales engineers and others.
• Ability to lead projects and programs across multiple teams, driving highly collaborative engagements; highly organized, with clear strategy, objectives with accountability and metrics. The ideal candidate will have examples of large projects they have lead, which resulted in substantial deliverables.
• Experience in working with sales and channel teams, and the ability to understand their motivations and needs is required as they will be one of several key customers for the output of this position. The ideal candidate will have examples of where they have worked with sales teams and been recognized for creating marketing assets which were used to help make deals.
• Strong understanding of content workflows, approvals and governance. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a history of innovation process and work flow.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business / Marketing or equivalent experience (MBA highly preferred)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.Watch Video To Learn More About Cisco
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: Big Data, Cloud, Data Center, Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.