Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Senior Marketing Managers, Global Strategic Marketing – Wound Closure to be located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Learn more at or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon .
The Sr. Marketing Manager, GSM Wound Closure will be responsible for driving growth of Wound Closure platform, new product development commercial leadership, brand support, and specialty strategy for Ethicon and Wound Closure prioritized specialties. This individual will leverage Wound Closure Growth Strategies to drive upgrade and ensure achievement of business plans.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, GSM Wound Closure will:
- Set Wound Closure brand strategy including segmentation, messaging & positioning, pricing strategies, TPP & claims, regional launch execution, new product launch preparation and launch excellence processes, VOC & insights to inform brand strategy and pipeline development, and business development strategies.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing to ensure flawless global launch and achievement of business plans.
- Partner with R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Sales, Regional Marketing, Finance and key customers in NPD stage gates, including TPP, revenue model, and evidence generation strategy.
- Set platform area strategy including platform segmentation, positioning, pricing strategies, claims, life cycle management, and business development strategies.
- Develop a comprehensive, global, strategy for the platform area in partnership with the other Ethicon platforms where applicable.
- Provide commercial input to the advancement of product concepts through the new product development process including providing insights and voice of customer, developing the business case, implementing target product profiles and leading product launch excellence.
- Manage financial targets within specified budgets and timeframes and ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive business experience is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of health care marketing experience is required.
- Medical Device marketing and sales experience is preferred.
- Previous regional in line marketing experience and Global Strategic Marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles is required.
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management is preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a Global matrix organization is required.
- Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Demonstrated competency building and executing Marketing strategy preferred.
- Experience with supply chain, global brand management, and influencing a sales force and new product launch preferred.
- This position may require up to 30% travel.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function