Senior Marketing Manager, ICU
Location: Lake Forest, Illinois
Posted: September 03, 2016
Reference ID: 00001F92
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER, ICU
The SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER will be responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of brand strategy, marketing mix, and operational plans that optimize sales, market share, and revenue growth for PharMEDium's I.C.U. Franchise in the acute and alternate site markets.
• Effectively develops a complete marketing plan for a multiple products or markets.
Creative Product / Program Development
• Identifies, develops, and executes creative Sales and Marketing programs that drive demand, based on identified customer needs for a product or market.
• Manages new product development activities through the New Service Request (NSR) process.
• Develops target product profiles (TPPs) for new offerings based on business and customer requirements.
• Utilize Voice Of Customer (VOC) to anticipate and identify product and program needs.
Branding and Messaging
• Uses customer insight to identify and develop key brand elements and messages including tone, color, look and feel for a product or market.
• Develops product promotional story and integrates into sales and marketing materials.
• Develops messaging and aligns communication strategy with the messaging.
• Leads coordination of a creative or communication agency.
• Develops messages and a communication plan that supports claims to drive differentiation.
• Develops and executes promotional collateral.
• Articulates the value of the promotional materials to the sales organization and how to effectively utilize the tools.
• Translates complex analyses involving multiple assumptions for a product.
• Identifies gaps in secondary data and ensures primary data in analyses.
• Accountable for forecasting, modeling and analyses for products of responsibility.
• Full understanding of all assumptions and variables.
• Incorporates assessment of customer insights and segmentation into decisions, quantifies results and presents to management.
• Applies knowledge of business to develop broader contextual recommendations in the face of uncertainty.
• Considers impact of decisions (both qualitative and quantitative) outside of products of responsibility and influences the marketing and sales management team.
Customer/KOL Advocacy Development
• Develops KOL/advocacy plan for a specific product or market.
• Successfully implements formal activities that garner feedback from customer advocacy groups or KOLs including: advisory meetings, consultancy groups, and consensus meetings in coordination with clinical, regulatory, and R&D.
• Evaluates potential advocacy and KOL targets for appropriateness.
• Develops and builds relationships with KOLs.
• Utilizes KOL input to drive product development and commercialization plans.
• Understands different market research methodologies and defines market research needs and targets customer segments.
• Reviews and provides insights into development of market research initiatives.
• Translates the market research findings into actionable plans.
• Incorporates market research information and segmentation in formulating marketing plans and products.
• Conducts complete competitive assessment and SWOT analysis.
• Applies CI learnings to anticipate future moves.
• Incorporates competitive information in formulating marketing plans and products.
• Develops strategies to address competitive threats and opportunities.
Pricing & Reimbursement
• Understands different pricing and reimbursement methodologies.
• Translates the pricing and reimbursement findings into pricing strategies.
• Incorporates the pricing and reimbursement information in formulating pricing recommendations.
• Understands how contracts, rebates, and incentives influence pricing recommendations
• Bachelor's Degree required, MBA strongly preferred
• 5-10 years marketing experience in the healthcare industry.
• Prior experience in I.C.U. products market and sales is preferred.
• team orientation
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
• organization and planning
• strategic thinking