Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is looking for a Senior
Marketing Manager, OTC New Products & Innovation (Global Franchise
Organization) to join our global team based at our headquarters in New Brunswick,
NJ. This is a pivotal role within the
global marketing organization and is fundamental to our strategic plan business
goal to become the clear #1 leader in each of our core OTC categories.
visible role requires a talented marketing leader with strong business
orientation, creative thinking, agility and bandwidth to work seamlessly across
the OTC organization. The role requires
close collaboration with senior leadership within the Global Operating
Committee, Global Franchise Organization, and Regional Leadership Teams. The position reports into the Senior
Marketing Director, Portfolio Strategy & Innovation.
The Senior Marketing
Manager will be responsible for the commercial development of our innovation
plans including the identification and development of new products that effectively meet
consumer needs for our Pain, Allergy, Cough Cold, Digestive Health, Eye Care
Need States and Smoking Cessation business.
This position will be responsible for working with R&D, Global &
Regional Franchises and Business Development to develop mid to longer term
substantial and transformative innovation.
With a deep understanding of consumer insights, Need State innovation
strategies and pipeline objectives the successful marketing candidate will lead
the development of the Need State/Franchise innovation plans in line with the
global marketing strategy.
Senior Marketing Manager will:
- Create and develop mid to long-term innovation
plans for new products across our key mega-brands and OTC Need States.
- Partner with Global Strategic Insights team,
Global and Regional marketing leadership, R&D, and Business Development to
develop, screen and validate new product. opportunities; Assess new product
opportunities for the various global brand equities with emphasis on commercial
potential, business models, and overall strategic fit.
- Leverage both internal and external
development avenues to maximize commercialization pathways and gain access to
best in class products that will accelerate our growth plans.
- Lead the strategic management of our
innovation pipeline scorecards and prioritization decisions at the highest
levels of the organization.
- For J&J’s highest priority global innovation
projects, serve as point person to consult with and provide overall strategic
alignment and commercial feedback to key stakeholders.
- Develop and drive innovative global strategies
for internal and external Rx-to-OTC switch candidates; Provide Rx-to-OTC switch
recommendations and business cases to support category strategic plans.
- Partner with Business Development in the
pursuit of licensing & acquisition targets.
- A BA/BSC degree is required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Prefer Consumer Healthcare (OTC) experience.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of progressive experience in
setting a vision and executing in a similar integrated leadership role within a
consumer packaged goods organization is required, preferably with a breadth of functional
and/or industry experience.
- Deep innovation experience and direct
involvement leading global product launches.
- Experience in providing marketing
thought leadership—taking consumer insight and using it to drive thinking and
- Experience working in a global organization and
collaborating with regional groups.
- Ideally, switch experience in a major OTC
category/brand; Good understanding of the switch process.
- Demonstrated expertise and successful track record in
leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment; Experience in
successful partnership with key cross functional groups including R&D, BD,
Finance, Medical, Regulatory, Supply Chain, etc.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation
skills. Ability to facilitate alignment across groups/regions.
- Demonstrated financial acumen in making effective
- Strong curiosity and creative drive to support new
ways to solve undefined issues.
- This role requires 20-25% international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.