The Hydraulics Materials Analyst works as part of the Central Planning Team (CPT) based in our Hydraulics headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN. The CPT is a key part of the overall Fulfillment cycle, responsible for Replenishment Execution. The CPT provides a centralized service to a group of sites, ensuring that they have the correct amount of material on hand to meet end-customer demand.
The primary responsibilities of the CPT, and the Materials Analysts, are as follows:
- Participate in the replenishment design for suppliers. This include review/approval of the replenishment model selections, calculation and revaluation of min-max, management of discrete planning parameters, MRP PFEP settings, etc.
- Analyze and monitor the MRP forecast for his/her group of suppliers. Provide feedback to the SIIOP process to improve the SIOP and MRP forecast.
- Monitor the daily activities of suppliers and the needs of the Eaton sites to ensure that replenishment is supporting customer demand.
- Support the SIOP Supply team by monitoring supplier capacity for key suppliers, ensuring that the suppliers are aligning current and future plans to the SIOP forecast and elevating issues/concerns.
- Support the Logistics team by monitoring adherence to established logistics carriers/lanes, providing feedback on the proper function of the lanes, and identifying cost out opportunities. Treat any expedited freight scenarios with the utmost urgency while maintaining disciplined use of standard carriers and providing root cause feedback to minimize recurrence.
- As applicable, monitor external warehouse inventory and provide feedback to the suppliers and Eaton on the inventory levels and inventory targets.
- Monitor the all consignment inventories to ensure compliance to the consignment agreement, including inventory levels, product age, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective communication linkages with the sites that he/she serves to ensure that the site has a voice in the replenishment design and maintenance.
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communication linkages with his/her suppliers to ensure that both sides have all required information to maintain a healthy supply chain.
- Maintain a proactive and disciplined approach to serving the sites that he/she serves, maintaining constant coverage and being responsive to all requests and needs.
- Support all change management activities impacting his/her sites and suppliers. This includes new product launches, restructuring, cost out transitions, supplier site closures/moves, ECN, MPS, etc.
- Support the Procurement team by ensuring compliance to established commodity strategies, providing feedback on commodity strategy improvements, and identifying materials cost-out ideas.
- Support the Procurement Team by monitoring and assisting in closing payment holds, managing the AP 12/13 interface.
- Promote Eaton’s Ethics and Values, monitoring supplier compliance to our policies and personally acting as an ambassador of Eaton in all actions and communication.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management or Logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- APICS CPIM certification
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with consumption based replenishment; Min-max, Kanban, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with MRP master data management
- Minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing or plant experience
- Understanding of the SIOP process steps: Forecast, Demand, Supply, Consensus, Executive
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems.
- Understanding of SIOP, Inventory management, scheduling, capacity planning, & materials replenishment,
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.