DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Senior Materials Manager located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Materials Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to site Production Planning, Procurement and Warehouse areas. This will role will be responsible for site attainment to planning cycle activities, as part of an established Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process. This role will ensure site planning activities are in line with customer service needs while supporting operational and financial objectives. The Senior Materials Manager will be responsible for advancing PP&L competencies on planning processes, people/leadership development and use of technology, while establishing and monitoring relevant key performance indicators. The Senior manager will be an active member of the site management team ensuring that the site is aligned to our customer responsibilities.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Leads execution of Monthly Site S&OP Process, ensuring alignment with customer service requirements, operations capabilities and financial objectives.
• Leads Short Term Exception Management and Escalation Processes for site Supply Events
• Ensures PP&L team works as a single unit in ensuring production and purchasing plans are optimized to meet customer service needs and business objectives
• Identify and drives opportunities to improve inventory investment through inventory entitlement model for Finished Good, WIP and Raw Materials
• Provides leadership to Material Handling and Warehouse teams
• Develop a team of supply chain professionals that can lead a manufacturing organization
• Work across the PP&L network on driving process standardization
• Develop team with end to end supply chain capability ensuring visibility to supply risk
• Work cross pillar with our partners in Make, Source, SNP, Finance, & S&OP.
• Responsible for Goals and Objectives development and Performance Management for PP&L team
• Develop and implement PP&L policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures
• Utilize analytics capability to drive a data driven approach to problem solving
• Develops and actively manages operational budget
• Identify and Leads implementation of process improvements opportunities to increase accuracy, reliability and consistency of planning processes and associated performance indicators
• Serves as customer representative at the siteQualifications
• 4-year university Bachelor’s Degree is required with a focus in Business Administration, Materials Management, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred
• MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
• 8 years of overall industry experience required with experience in Supply Chain Planning Experience Required (Procurement, Production, Inventory, S&OP) preferred
• Minimum of 4 years of experience leading and developing others is required
• Supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF) preferred
• Six Sigma and/or Lean certification preferred
• Experience in Medical, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or highly regulated environment is preferred
• Experience on Advance Planning systems (APS/APO/OMP) preferred
• Ability to work with limited supervision is required
• Ability to persuade and influence others is required
• Strong organization skills are required
• Process Improvement mindset is required
• Strong collaboration, excellent communication, and team work skills across functions/levels is preferred
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions is preferred
• Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
• Up to 20% travel both domestically and internationally is required Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Production PlanningRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.