Job Description: As a mechanical engineer within the Product Development Organization, you will be part of a design team that defines, designs, and manufactures Solid-State Drives for data center and client applications. You will work with the nonvolatile flash memory packaging team to perform package thermal and mechanical feasibility and performance studies. You will collaborate with the PCB design team to design, analysis, and development SSD drive enclosures for mass production. You will be creatively applying your technical know-how (engineering fundamentals, scientific knowledge, systems thinking, analytical thinking, prototyping, and testing knowledge) against design constraints and boundary conditions to develop and productize mass producible SSD drives. You will also design and build proof-of-concept prototypes, perform Design-of-Experiments (DOE), mechanically instrument prototypes for thermal and mechanical stress analysis, and help perform technical analysis and feasibility studies on design feature alternatives to optimize the design for performance and cost.
To accomplish your deliverables you will use leading CAD packages for model creation (SolidWork, Creo/ProE) and will analyze your design using CFD tools (FloTherm/IcePak) and FEA tools (SolidWorks, ANSYS, Mechanica). You will work with Intel's outsourcing organization and external suppliers to prototype and mass produce your design.
* BSME degree with 6 years industry experience or a master degree with 4 years industry experience
* Experience in designing, building, prototype testing and product qualification
* Knowledge, working experience, and proficiency in one or more of the following processes/disciplines (heat transfer, die casting, injection molding, extrusions, statics, shock, vibration, material mechanics, sheet metal fabrication, mechanical modeling, industry standards, etc.).
* Proficiency in design tools (i.e. SolidWorks, Creo/ProE) and analysis tools (i.e. FloTherm, IcePak, SolidWorks, Mechanica, ANSYS)
* Ability to manage and juggle multiple projects and meeting deliverables and timelines
* Experience generating project plans and test plans
* Ability to work with minimal direction and ambiguity to specifics
* Good verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience with prototype fabrication within an aggressive timeline
* Prior technical experience with casting tool design is a plus
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.