Johnson & Johnson has agreed to sell the Codman Neurosurgery (CNS) business to Integra LifeSciences subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. This transaction is anticipated to close later this year 2017. Please be advised that should you be hired, upon completion of this transition, your employment and the position with Codman Neurosurgery will transfer to Integra LifeSciences
Codman Neuro, a member of the Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions Group within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Senior Engineer located in Raynham, MA.
Codman Neuro is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by neurosurgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries to the brain and spine, congenital neurological disorders, and acquired neurological diseases. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group consists of five businesses serving the following healthcare areas: Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing Services. The CSS Group is committed to delivering innovative, market-leading products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world.
The Senior Engineer will participate in projects of varying scope and complexity across all three franchises: Hydrocephalus, Operative Neurosurgery and Neurosurgery Critical Care with a focus on the Neuro Critical care franchise. The Senior Engineer will be responsible the mechanical design aspects of a project, interacting with external design and development partners, participating on cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process, and assisting the technical team with planning, executing, documenting and communicating testing activities.
- Plan and conduct design/development engineering assignments generally involving projects of major magnitude and scope
- Estimates human resource needs and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Coordinate and direct engineers, designers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Provide support for field-based Sales Team and other Commercial partners.
- Partner with Upstream Marketing, Sales and key external stakeholders (5Ps) to identify unmet clinical/surgical needs; evaluate options; and provide sound engineering solutions.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to launch new products.
- Attend industry tradeshows, professional education events, and other company-sponsored events to provide product training and support to customers as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for Mechanical, Bio-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced Degree (MS) is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of engineering design experience is required;
- Black Belt certification is desired
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, especially in the neurosurgery field.
- Experience working with electromechanical products and electrical instrumentation is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, proper tolerancing, drafting standards, and GD&T is required.
- The ability to work and execute projects tasks within a cross functional environment is required.
- Prior experience working with project teams bringing products from concept to launch is preferred. Strong communication skills are required; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA. and will require up to 15% travel.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Engineering (Generalist)Requisition ID