Arconic is seeking an experienced and talented Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer for our Massena facility. The incumbent will develop, manage and implement capital projects, will assist with major repairs and maintenance projects and will provide some process engineering support. This person will assist with developing technical solutions, including the use of Automation, to solve recurring equipment, Productivity and equipment-related process problems identified via appropriate equipment, productivity and process data analyses. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead automation and other capital projects, including the specification and qualification of equipment, justification of costs, PEHSRs, leadership of contracted and internal resources and implementation into manufacturing operations
- Champion the transition of traditional manufacturing processes to automated processes and assist with the development of a strategic plan to increase the use of automation
- Participate in development of long range process and facilities planning, capital expenditure and cost savings programs
- Provide engineering innovations that will improve process control, product quality and business Productivity
- Maintain knowledge of current and new technologies in order to identify opportunities to implement into our manufacturing operations
- Participate in developing and executing solutions for improving the overall safety of equipment through involvement with safety teams and ASAT ownership
- Act as technical support resource to aid equipment troubleshooting and problem solving
- Assist with the education and technical training of employees
- Demonstrate effective work load balance and project management skills for multiple simultaneous projects
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with cross functional teams
•Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university.
•Minimum of 3 years of experience with mechanical systems
•Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD software experience.
•Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
•Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
•This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
•Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
•Minimum of 5 years of experience gained from working knowledge of manufacturing processes and principles.
•Experience with mechanical systems, to include hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, etc.
•Strong written and oral communication skills
•Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams
•Experience working in heavy industry; aluminum extrusion and stretching/drawing preferred
•Strong mechanical engineering skills
•Experience in justifying, managing and installing capital projects
•Experience in designing, fabricating and installing mechanical equipment including automation of existing equipment for Productivity improvements
•Strong maintenance background and experience with Facilities Maintenance
•Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining industrial hydraulic and pneumatic systems
•Experience with and/or training in welding procedures and weld inspection
Relocation assistance available for the right candidate