Johnson & Johnson has agreed to sell the Codman Neurosurgery (CNS) business to Integra LifeSciences subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. This transaction is anticipated to close later this year 2017. Please be advised that should you be hired, upon completion of this transition, your employment and the position with Codman Neurosurgery will transfer to Integra LifeSciences
Codman Neuro is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by neurosurgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries to the brain and spine, congenital neurological disorders, and acquired neurological diseases. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will manage projects of varying scope and complexity across all three CNS franchises: Hydrocephalus, Operative Neurosurgery and Neurosurgery Critical Care.
- Plan and conduct design/development engineering assignments generally involving projects of major magnitude and scope
- Estimates human resource needs and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Coordinate and direct engineers, designers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Provide support for field-based Sales Team and other Commercial partners.
- Partner with Upstream Marketing, Sales and key external stakeholders (5Ps) to identify unmet clinical/surgical needs; evaluate options; and provide sound engineering solutions.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to launch new products.
- Attend industry tradeshows, professional education events, and other company-sponsored events to provide product training and support to customers as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for Mechanical, Bio-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced Degree (MS) is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience is required
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience is required.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, especially in the neurosurgery field.
- Experience working with electromechanical products and electrical instrumentation is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, proper tolerancing, drafting standards, and GD&T is required.
- The ability to work and execute projects tasks within a cross functional environment is required.
- Prior experience working with project teams bringing products from concept to launch is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams.
- Black Belt certification is desired
- This position is located in Raynham, MA. and will require up to 15% travel.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.