More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. As a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited conducts R&D both internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system, plus vaccines. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! Please note that the requirements specified in this posting are the basic qualifications required for the Sr Medical Director position; however, job title will be dependent on the candidate's level of experience in those requirements. OBJECTIVES:
Provides strategic planning, scientific and medical support and is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the medical and scientific communication platform, research strategies including post-approval investigator initiated research, phase 4 and contracted research. In addition, provides medical input into the long-term vision and growth strategies for the compounds within the related portfolio of TPUSA. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Develop and be accountable for the medical strategy for assigned molecules
- Work within the matrix organization and ultimately be accountable for all medical affairs deliverables for assigned molecules
- Serve as the in-house medical and scientific expert for molecules within the CNS therapeutic area and represent US medical affairs on various governance committees as appropriate
- Interact internally with and support colleagues from Alliance Management, Business Development, Government Affairs, Managed Markets, R&D, Marketing and Sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external experts through Professional Associations, Professional Meetings and Conferences, etc. in support of common scientific objectives.
- Seek input and alignment with key internal stakeholders on therapeutic area initiatives (e.g, research gap analysis, communication plans, novel indications, etc.)
- Manage the budget for the specific Cost Center and provide direction and oversight for the US MA overall therapeutic area budget.
- Provide medical and scientific direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, NDAs and Supplemental NDA's, etc)
- Either directly, or indirectly through supervision, oversee the medical review and sign off of promotional pieces in support of the Medical-Regulatory-Legal committee for products within your therapeutic area(s).
- Participate in the publications strategy for assigned compounds by providing scientific and publication planning input, including review and sign off of materials for medical/scientific presentations and publications.
- Interact internally with senior level management requiring negotiation to guide the overall activities of the specific compound and therapeutic area.
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Professional Associations and Meetings to achieve Takeda's scientific objectives.
- Participate in external alliances and partnership in order to further Takeda's scientific objectives.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- MD degree with current or recent board certification in internal medicine and/or psychiatry and/or neurology
- 5 plus years of experience in industry and/or academic research experience; or equivalent combination of experience
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs
- Life cycle management experience
- Experience in behavioral therapy (CBT) and psychologic or chronic medical disease
Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to travel, the work environment includes exposure to both inside and outside working conditions. Temperature and length of exposure varies depending upon meeting location and transportation. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites - limited overnight. Some international travel may be required we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.