Sr. Medical Information Manager - Gaithersburg, MD
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Sr. Medical Information Manager
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology
is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers. As well as other tumour types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalised healthcare and biomarker technologies. Description:
The Senior Medical Information Manager is responsible for the execution of Medical Information brand/therapeutic area deliverables, including answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials, and development of scientific content to support Medical Affairs. Generally, this role is focused on one of two areas: scientific content/brand support or customer engagement. The area of focus is determined based on the current needs of the Therapeutic Area. Major Responsibilities: General
Scientific Content/Brand Support
- Demonstrate scientific and business expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify scientific information to meet customer needs
- Monitor the medical environment (including medical inquiries) and apply scientific expertise, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge, to impact Brand/Therapeutic Area strategy
- Provide scientific training to the Brand/Therapeutic Area Medical Information colleagues
- Provide staffing support for the Medical Information booth at scientific conventions
- Accountable for Medical Information contribution to promotional review by:
- Providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages
- Reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy
- Contribute to the prioritization of review for promotional materials
- Coordinate development, review and approval of clinical Data on File Packets to support promotional claims
- Contribute to and or lead the development, review and maintenance of Medical Affairs scientific materials, including Managed Market documents, in collaboration with Medical Affairs colleagues
- Incorporate customer insight to identify, update, and develop scientific materials
- Coordinate with Medical Affairs colleagues, vendor and outsource provider to develop content
- Participate in Medical Affairs training initiatives to:
- Provide consult to Medical Affairs key stakeholders and vendors to shape the content and development of training materials
- Develop the content for brand scientific training in conjunction with Medical Affairs Training Team where applicable
- Other activities include:
- Coordinate, create, and/or review submissions to external Drug Information Resources and Evidence-Based Practice Centers.
- Lead the compendia submission process for Medical Affairs
- Provide consult to Regulatory/Labeling committee and the US publications team on brand publications
- Respond to Medical Inquiries and engage in appropriate scientific information exchanges with Health Care Providers via multiple channels (i.e. verbal, written).
- Manage accurate, focused, and scientifically balanced clinical and scientific information exchanges with Health Care Providers that support the appropriate use of and clinically differentiate AstraZeneca products.
- Utilize multiple approved technologies to engage customers in appropriate scientific exchange
- Identify, analyze and/or report trends in medical and scientific insight (including Medical Inquiries) to Medical Affairs stakeholders
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy (PharmD preferred), Pharmacology, Science or equivalent clinical experience
- 1-3 years experience in pharmaceutical industry based Drug/Medical Information or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply FDA, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Understanding of the information needs for various customer segments
- Strong collaboration skills
Next Steps - Apply Today!
- 2-4 years experience in pharmaceutical industry in drug information, preferably in Medical Affairs
- Clinical Pharmacy experience with patient care exposure
- Drug Information Residency or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
- Strong leadership ability
- Medical information call center experience
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Managed Markets or HEOR experience
- Pharmacy Licensure preferred
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca