Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Science Liaison.
H ere, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Science Liaison working on the Global Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Applies medical expertise and subject matter knowledge in support of medical strategies for Takeda compounds via field-based activities that are aligned with overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Establishes Takeda’s scientific and medical presence with thought leaders and academic institutions, healthcare systems, and payers in defined geographies for therapeutic areas of strategic interest to the company.
- Provides medical insights and intelligence from the field to support the development and life-cycle management of Takeda Oncology compounds .
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Initiates and develops relationships with thought leaders by engaging in ongoing scientific exchange and balanced discussions of science by addressing unsolicited questions regarding Takeda’s medicines.
- Responds to unsolicited requests for information and delivers accurate clinical/scientific, pharmacoeconomic, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to relevant audiences .
- Collects medical insights and intelligence gathered from scientific exchange with thought leaders as well as payers and interprets and communicates relevant information in order to define, update, and support medical strategies.
- Facilitates investigator external research aligned with Takeda’s medical strategies. Facilitates review and tracks progress of ongoing, research projects.
- Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating, and screening qualified research sites for company sponsored clinical investigation.
- Provides medical booth and session coverage at scientific meetings and reports information of strategic interest to Takeda.
- Participates in MA and cross functional projects/initiatives
- Supports Takeda’s speaker bureau through addressing informational needs of speaker bureau members and faculty.
- Completes all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities.
- The qualified candidate should have a health sciences advanced or doctoral degree such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D, DNP, MSN/ARNP and two years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic).
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key
- Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Ability to use field based telephonic and computer tools for all aspects of the job is critical.
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.