Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison, Hematologic Malignancies to provide clinical and scientific support to opinion leaders, community physicians, investigators and other healthcare professionals related to the current and developing Janssen Hematologic Malignancies portfolio in the following region: Northern NJ, NYC. Ideal candidate will reside in: New York City or another city in the region.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior MSL follows all internal policies and functions as scientific and clinical expert on current and future Janssen Scientific Affairs Hematologic Malignancies products in the area relevant to internal and external customers. Builds external relationships with recognized community and academic opinion leaders to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends. Provides scientific exchange and clinical support to opinion leaders and community oncology stakeholders on the clinical application of the company’s existing and future products, responds to their unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group discussions, as needed discusses disease state concepts and in-depth medical topics aligned with medical affairs strategy. Collaborates with partners in Medical Affairs and Research & Development in support of oncology clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provides support to investigator's requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines. Provides scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education and other scientific projects. Collects and communicates clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to the company’s success. Represents and supports Janssen Scientific Affairs at scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interprets and reports findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal stakeholders. Consistently maintains a Territory Strategy Plan and shares insights/strategic planning details with Oncology MSL Leadership
Consistently maintains a Territory Strategy Plan and shares insights/strategic planning details with Oncology MSL Leadership:
- Develops a description of HCPs, academic and community practices and healthcare systems.
- Describe regional influence patterns, referral data, research activity, changing external healthcare landscape, and description of field collaborative partnerships.
Demonstrates the ability to Build KOL Partnerships:
- Builds relationships and seeks to understand KOL perspective by approaching each interaction as an opportunity to build and strengthen relationships.
- Conducts ongoing dialogue with customers to understand KOL perspectives.
Demonstrates the ability to calculate the impact of actions or words and tailors approach:
- Integrates scientific data into real life practice to meet customer/audience needs, adapting interpersonal style to particular situations and people.
- Anticipates the responses of various individuals and teams based on their vantage point and perspective.
Executes Research Initiatives:
- Leverages knowledge of standards of care and Janssen company/investigator sponsored clinical trials and competitor landscape to facilitate external-internal research communication.
- Seeks to engage with external investigators regarding unsolicited research inquiries and act as liaison to R&D, Medical Affairs and operations teams.
- Provides clinical trial support to identify potential sites, resolve issues with enrolled sites, and participate in meetings as appropriate, including site initiation visits and investigator launch meetings.
Conduct scientific exchange with HCPs:
- Respond to unsolicited scientific inquiries of Health Care Providers (HCPs)/investigators/health care systems/academic medical centers and population health decision makers integrating scientific data including real world evidence in to real life practice to meet customer needs.
- Presents data and information in a manner appropriate to the audience and request.
- Execute plans regarding reactive and proactive outreaches as approved via the legal/HCC exceptions process.
Consistently develops strong scientific acumen:
- Actively participate in journal, and book clubs including scientific discussions on team calls.
- Regularly share scientific news and findings with team.
- Actively engages in a high level of scientific acumen regarding current standards of care.
- Sets aside time for self-driven learnings on current scientific landscape.
- Attends scientific conferences to gather and understand new scientific information relevant to the company and the external scientific community.
- Consistently leads one or more scientific or strategic Oncology projects that elevate team acumen or increase visibility.
Continuously support Department Operations and Internal Partners:
- Maintains thorough understanding and competence in the following areas: Oncology Franchise and Medical Affairs Field (MAF) mission, vision and operating principles; operating company scientific data and objectives; market dynamics and competitive landscape; regulatory and health care compliance guidelines; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior; MAF SOPs and guidelines.
- In collaboration with supervisor develops, implements, and documents performance and development plan.
- Conducts regional and local projects.
- Actively documents and shares scientific voice of customer.
- Attend and support local/regional/national meetings and conferences.
- Performs all administrative requirements in a timely, accurate and compliant manner (e.g. expense reports, documentation of activities).
- Provide regional and local support to enhance sales training initiatives and improve competencies of field personnel in partnership with Sales Development and Development.
- Collaborates with all commercial partners, HECOR, and other MSL teams under Project Drive on a regular basis.
- Proactively identifies and synthesizes data for MSL team and business partners.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. PharmD, PhD, MD, MSN and/or residency/fellowship highly preferred.
- Two years post graduate experience required with greater preference for oncology clinical experience.
- At least 1-3 years of previous industry experience required, preferably in oncology MSL role.
- In-depth scientific and/or therapeutic knowledge and experience in oncology therapeutic area required, with preference for background in hematologic malignancies or prostate cancer.
- Research and health care system knowledge is required.
- Must be fluent in the English language and have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Makes customers central to all thinking and recognize/meet the diversity of customers and their needs, and consistently drive customer satisfaction.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Exchange, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to partner with others to lead or participate in large scale projects.
- As a field based position, the MSL must be self-motivated, with strategic thinking and strong geographical management skills.
- Requires travel of approx. 60% depending on geography (includes overnight travel); Other travel for business meetings as required; Travel by air, domestic and international including overnight and weekends as needed.
- Ability to maintain an office in the home required.
- A valid U.S. driver's license is required as incumbent in this role will receive a company car.
United States-New York-New YorkOrganization
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Job Function
Medical Science Liaison