Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison, Hematology Oncology to provide clinical and scientific support to opinion leaders, community physicians, investigators and other healthcare providers related to the current and future Janssen Biotech Oncology products in the following region: North Carolina & South Carolina.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
• Follows all internal policies and functions as scientific and clinical expert on current and future Janssen Scientific Affairs Hematology Oncology products in the area relevant to internal and external customers.
• Builds external relationships with recognized opinion leaders to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends.
• Provides scientific and clinical support to Hematology Oncology opinion leaders and community physicians on the clinical application of the company’s existing and future products, responds to their unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group discussions, as needed discusses disease state concepts and in-depth medical topics aligned with medical affairs strategy.
• Collaborates with partners in Medical Affairs and in Clinical Research in support of Phase II to IV clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provides support to investigator's requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines.
• Provides scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education and other scientific projects.
• Collects and communicates clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to the company’s success.
• Represents and supports Janssen Scientific Affairs at Hematology Oncology scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interprets and reports findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal stakeholders. Qualifications
• BA/BS/MS degree with experience required. PharmD, PhD, MD highly preferred.
• Minimum 3 years post-graduate experience required, preferably in a clinical/research setting and/or in a pharmaceutical industry clinical field role.
• In-depth scientific and/or therapeutic knowledge and experience in the Oncology therapeutic area required; Hematology Oncology experience highly preferred.
• Previous Medical Science Liaison (MSL) OR equivalent clinical field role experience preferred.
• Field based position- Travel requirement is 70% travel within the region. Other travel for business meetings as required. Travel may include overnight stays.
• A valid U.S. driver's license is required as incumbent in this role will receive a company car.
• Makes customers central to all thinking and recognize/meet the diversity of customers and their needs, and consistently drive customer satisfaction.
• Ability to partner with others to lead or participate in large scale projects.
• As a field based position, the MSL must be self-motivated, with strategic thinking and strong geographical management skills.
All currently posted Oncology MSL positions: http://bit.ly/2gVrO5T
United States-North Carolina-RaleighOther Locations
North America-United States-South CarolinaOrganization
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Job Function
Medical Science Liaison