Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison – Gastroenterology (GI) to provide clinical and scientific support to opinion leaders, community physicians, investigators and other healthcare providers related to the current and future Janssen Biotech Gastroenterology products in the following region: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi. This is a field-based position and the candidate must have access to a major metropolitan airport. Preferred residences include: Atlanta or Orlando.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies. To learn more about our immunology products please visit: https://www.janssenbiotech.com/products/immunology
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
- The Senior MSL GI follows all internal policies and functions as scientific and clinical expert on current and future Janssen Biotech Gastroenterology products in the area relevant to internal and external customers.
- Builds external relationships with recognized opinion leaders to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends.
- Provides scientific and clinical support to Gastroenterology opinion leaders and community physicians on the clinical application of Janssen Biotech's existing and future products, responds to their unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group discussions, as needed discusses disease state concepts and in-depth medical topics aligned with medical affairs strategy.
- Collaborates with partners in Medical Affairs and in Clinical Research in support of Phase II to IV clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provides support to investigator's requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines.
- Provides scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education and other scientific projects.
- Collects and communicate clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to Janssen Biotech's success.
Represents and supports Janssen Biotech at Gastroenterology scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interprets and reports findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal stakeholders.Qualifications
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree required. PharmD, PhD, MD highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years post-graduate experience required, preferably in a clinical/research setting and/or in a pharmaceutical industry clinical field role.
- Knowledge or experience in the Gastroenterology and/or Immunology therapeutic areas is highly preferred.
- Previous MSL or equivalent clinical field role experience preferred.
- Field based position. Travel requirement: 70%-80%. A valid U.S. driver's license required.
- Comfort with utilization of computer, company applications, and remote technology.
- Ability to fully understand and apply MSL SOP's/guidelines and company HCC/Regulatory/Legal guidelines is required.
- Ability to function with high integrity and compliant with the Credo values is required.
- Make customers central to all thinking and recognize/meet the diversity of customers and their needs, and consistently drive customer satisfaction.
- Build interdependent partnership by communicating openly and frequently with partners, demonstrating commitment to the partnership in both words and actions.
- Maintains focus and composure in uncertain circumstances with minimal directions.
- Demonstrate high organizational skills and sound judgment in all functions. Ability to partner with others to lead or participate in large scale projects.
- As a field based position, the MSL must be self-motivated, with strategic thinking and strong geographical management skills.
United States-Georgia-AtlantaOther Locations
North America-United States-Florida-OrlandoOrganization
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Job Function
Medical Science Liaison