At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Additional Facts:
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
Leads/supports the efforts of reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating clinical informatics system and user needs. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of nursing concepts, practices, and procedures. Works with key project team members to define requirements, design the functional solution, identify and resolve project issues, and ensure the IT solution meets requirements. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goalsGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE EDUCATION
- Responsibility for overall knowledge of the MEDITECH NUR, EDM, ORM modules
- Supporting clinical team to manage issue resolution and enhancement request for the modules
- Knowledge of developing customer defined screens using attributes and programming
- Create requirements for screen programming
- Support multiple projects as defined by our CSG partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership skills working with diverse and complex projects
- Prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong problem and issue resolution experience and create quality deliverables
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the organization
- Highly motivated and be able to work independently with little supervision
- Partner with our Clinical Services Group on multiple projects
- Represent Product Development within corporate IT&S and also with the field market groups
- Analyze and test code delivered by MEDITECH
- Prepare Project Work Requests (PWRs) to be submitted to MEDITECH, working with our field and CSG partners
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Candidate must be detailed oriented, have good organizational skills, possess strong leadership, follow-through and analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and possess strong collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Prefer past experience in a clinical setting related to Nursing
- Experience with MEDITECH clinical documentation applications is a must skill
- Requires long hours of very detailed work relating to healthcare data.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and handle numerous issues concurrently
- Requires long hours of prolonged sitting.
- Requires occasional travel.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom