Cloud Infrastructure Group (Seattle, WA)
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, and security.
Oracle's Infrastructure Identity and Security Services team is building a set of highly available and scalable Identity, Authentication, Authorization and Auditing (IAAA) services offered by Oracle Public Cloud (OPC). In addition, we are building a suite of security infrastructure services to support the security of next generation IaaS.
We are looking for a Senior Member of Technical Staff with cloud infrastructure experience to join our development team. The ideal candidate will be technically strong and must have an understanding of large-scale distributed systems (cloud-based environments). In addition, they will have a solid understanding of identity and access management and security control technologies. This role will drive the security aspects of our product definition, contribute to the product strategy of V1 solutions, and contribute to the development of next generation identity, access management, and security solutions for Oracle's IaaS cloud environment.
As a Senior Member of Technical Staff you will be responsible for ensuring that our cloud infrastructure solutions are designed and built with the highest level of security in mind. You will partner with the development team responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing security solutions within a distributed computing environment. You will conduct threat modeling of systems under development, ensure systems are built to align with security policy, identify and control vulnerabilities in the design, development, and deployment of distributed systems.
As part of the development team you will contribute to the secure design and development of web services. You will incorporate security into the product development lifecycle, through recommendation of security testing practices, procedures, and tools.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
• 5 years security engineering experience in a software development environment
• Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
• Experience developing service-oriented architectures and web services security solutions
• Expertise in applying threat modeling or other risk identification techniques to developing security solutions
• Development experience in C, C and/or Java as well as scripting languages
• Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
• Comfortably in a collaborative, agile development environment.
• Deep understanding of identity, authentication, authorization, and audit technologies, specifically within a cloud environment
• Familiarity and understanding of industry standard identity federation models; OAuth, Open ID Connect, and SAML.
• Knowledge of security and cryptography practices; including encryption standards, digital signatures and certificates, PKI, and key exchange mechanisms
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.