Assists in developing the strategic vision for merchandise categories informed by internal (historical performance metrics) and external (environmental scanning) research and analysis; creates a clear understanding and focus on how the consumer shops as well as Office Depot's position in the marketplace.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Synthesizes supplier, customer/shopper/market insights and historical performance to inform strategies
- Analyzes space productivity, inventory efficiency and promotion effectiveness and develops recommendation
- Assists in lifecycle management (products, trends, customer)
- Collaborates and influences key stakeholders to adopt recommendations with evidence based presentations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Analytics, Operations Research, or similar..
- Four to Seven years of experience in Merchandising, Business Analytics, Finance, Decision Support, Data Management.
- Experience in Data Retrieval and Statistical Analysis
- MBA a plus
- Consulting experience a plus
- Technical Competencies in SQL, Cognos, PowerPivot / Tableauis desired
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Exceptional skills in data mining and quantitative techniques.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Analysis / Modeling.
- Ability to utilize results / information to develop feasible solutions.
- Sound capability of developing compelling business cases and evidence-basedrecommendations
- Good knowledge of Retail procedures and Merchandising processes.
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and optimization.
- Technical Skills
- Advanced expertise in SQL Server, MS Access, Project, PowerPivot, and other MS Office products.
- Advanced experience working in a Business Intelligence, data management and reporting applications. Tableau or Cognos experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse systems.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.