What you’ll be doing...
Our customers have high expectations for our digital eCommerce platforms - speed, responsiveness and constant availability. That’s where you come in. You will guide team members to design and implement optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs. Your optimization and performance skills will help other engineering teams and our vendors drive better digital eCommerce architecture and solutions.
- Use design and coding experience, who can carry ideas/concepts through the analysis and evaluation then develop, test, deploy and support complex software systems.
- Utilize experience scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment. Work highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Provide high level verbal and written communications such as design documents, presentation, decision documents, or research papers.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in Verizon's large, complex mobile applications.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support Verizon ecommerce application client.
- Optimize mobile applications on the iOS/Android platform.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience withfront-end iOS development, back-end web services, and server management.
- Experiencein iOS technologies, and REST API applications.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to bridge the gap between the creative, business and technical disciplines of web and mobile application development.
- Serve as a solid base for software systems design approach, contributing to a more holistic application architecture that in turn, leads to more efficient, effective and reusable products.
- Knowledge of Cloud services and APIs.
- Excellent Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process.
- Expert experiencein Swift, Objective-C, XCode, and iOS ecosystem.
- Knowledgeof iOS Live Steaming app.
- Proficiency in iOS design patterns - MVC, Delegates, Notifications.
- Knowledge about API integration with iOS using JSON Rest APIs.
- Experience working extensively on Core Data.
- Implemented complex concurrency in iOS apps for multi-threaded processing.
- Worked closely with UI designers to develop highly graphical apps.
- Used various source-control tools - GIT, SVN, Stash, Github, Bitbucket etc.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.