The mission of Johnson Controls is to provide solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world. As part of Johnson Controls Building Efficiency business, the Advanced Development Team applies this mission to buildings, providing solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable building environment for owners and occupants.
This individual will be joining the team that performs advanced development of Controls, Building Automation Systems, Stationary Energy Storage Systems, and Smart Building products used by our customers to run their buildings and manage their energy costs. Work as part of a team under the close direction of experienced engineers to apply and enhance your engineering development skills across applications, products and tools . Principle Duties
- Lead development, testing and support of control related projects.
- Apply robust design methodologies and engineering principles to develop and realize solutions.
- Work independently on the modeling and control of thermodynamic and hydronic systems.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software developers, system engineers and research engineers to develop system wide solutions.
- MS or PhD in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Strong academic performance, minimum 3.5/4.0 GPA is required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in modeling and development is preferred
- A background in thermodynamics, heat transfer, system modeling, and numerical methods is required.
- A background in feedback control theory or optimization is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and independently is required.
- Experience with Matlab and/or Simulink is required.
- The ability to apply rigorous analytic methods to realize solutions is required.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills are required.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.