Individuals within the Application Development role work closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization's architectural standards. Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application development initiative.
Application Developers have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
Individuals must be able to adjust to constant business change. Common types of changes include introduction of new organizations through mergers and acquisitions, evolving goals and strategies and emerging technologies. These changes require integration of solutions that can impact the overall system development activity. Application Developers also provide client support, consultation and subject matter expertise for system development, maintenance and support. This associate will work on complex, major or highly visible tasks and projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead. They will also work on projects that may span a broad range of applications and support multiple applications. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• May participate in project planning processes.
• May identify project tasks and assists with project timeline estimations.
• May participate in the design and development of the .NET applications and database(s) associated with one or more applications.
• May identify technical requirements.
• May create technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
• Assists and reviews technical design specifications developed by junior levels.
• Codes applications or enterprise wide software systems using a disciplined development process.
• Develops, executes, and documents unit test plans.
• Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
• May assist in defining development guidelines and standards.
• May participate in code reviews for quality assurance.
• May lead the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
• Accountable for creating release notes, deployment plans, etc
• Participates in creating branching and merging strategies and executes those strategies.
• Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
• May assist in production support.
• Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling and backup/recovery procedures.
• Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
• Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members. Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Skill Set
JQuery, Bootstrap, NET MVC 3.0 & above, C#, Web API, Entity Framework, WCF, SQL Server TFS, Agile Methodology, Design Patterns (IOC, Dependency Injection)
Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management Motivated to taking a lead role and ownership Strong customer service focus Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions Qualifications
BS or BA or equivalent experience required. 7 years of .Net programming experience. Knowledge of OOP concepts. Design patterns Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Must be able to work in a fast paced team environment Web API experience is a plus