At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Senior Application Developer develops database and web applications to support the Parallon Development Solutions and the Shared Service Centers (SSCs). The position is responsible for ascertaining business requirements from business users and incorporating those requirements into applications that meet the defined need(s). The position is also responsible for assisting the Consulting Application Developer with other duties as assigned including maintenance and support of ongoing applications.
Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and web applications
• Documents technical requirements by working with business users.
• Completes application development tasks assigned according to project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles.
• Assists in developing prototypes/models and determining data sources (if applicable).
• Follows technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
• Executes application unit testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
• Coordinates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate).
• Creates and maintains application documentation.
• Assists in analyzing and executing change requests and enhancements.
• Resolves application issues as needed and participates in On-Call rotation schedule.
• Develops appropriate application controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
Act as a liaison between Development Solutions and Parallon business users.
• Actively participates in application design sessions.
• Provides technical guidance to business users.
• Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
Performs monthly application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
• Choosing technology - Senior Application Engineer is expected to seek out new technologies and choose the right one for the job. These decisions are made in the planning phase of a project with input from the Senior Application Developer. The right decision will allow the team to deliver maximum functionality at a faster time to market for the product while reducing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of the solution.
• On-call Support - Senior Application Engineer must make quick decisions while on-call and a production incident occurs. For failed jobs there could be large financial impact if not handled both correctly and in a timely manner. For applications that are down, the impact could be lost revenue, increased cost for the field as the workforce is unable to perform their job.
College graduate required.
5 years of experience is needed for a qualified candidate.
• Organization - Follows department development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written)
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
• Technical skills - SQL server database and programming skills in ASP.NET, MVC, C#, SSIS, JSON, LINQ, HTML5, CSS, jQuery, ORM, Angular and Visual Studio. Has a foundation understanding of database configuration and integration concepts to provide end-user support. Has basic skills using business intelligence applications such as Business Objects or MicroStrategy.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom