TEKsystems is looking to hire a senior-level Network Administrator/Engineer for one of their top clients located in Tullahoma, TN. This person will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of network devices in a LAN/WAN infrastructure. They will be doing 70% administration and 30% engineer work. On a daily basis, this candidate will be making changes to firewalls, performing routine configuration changes of firewalls, switching infrastructure, network diagnostic, network monitoring tools, reading security logs to make sure alerts were not missed (a lot is automated, but not all), looking for new ways to do things, and handling support requests to help put out fires. Qualifications:
1. Cisco Switches and Routers: Candidates need heavy layer 3 switching/routing experience. Cisco CCNP certification is required.
2. Implementation & administration of Firewalls: heavy experience with both Palo Alto & Cisco ASA firewalls. They are currently on Cisco and moving to Palo Alto. (Palo Alto not required)
3. Strong understanding of the Network fundamentals: TCP/IP; strong understanding of hardware and protocols.
4. Knowledge of network security protocols: SSL, SSL VPN, IDS and IPS
*Cisco VoIP experience is a plus* Responsibilities:
- Advanced Network troubleshooting, including network performance issues related to availability, utilization, throughput and latency
- Routine configuration changes of firewalls, switching infrastructure, network diagnostic, network monitoring tools
- Support LAN/WAN
- Maintain and create documentation of network standards, processes, and procedures
- Work closely with regional IT to determine future network needs and plan for network changes
- Assist in the training of less experienced personnel and in the development of training material; review the work of others for conformance to established techniques procedures
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
Our client really wants this candidate to be innovative and a self-starter. This candidate must be able to juggle multiple tasks at once, and be okay to switch quickly to a new task. They want someone that wants to work hard, and finish the task.
This is a great opportunity to join an enterprise level company, and help build out and replace the whole local network, and be a part of a huge implementation from the ground up!
We are accepting resumes and interviewing immediately.APPLY NOW!!About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.