Eaton’s Corporate IT Function is seeking a Senior Network & Unified Communications Engineer in our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE). The Senior Network & Unified Communications Engineer will be based at any Eaton facility. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
The Senior Network & Unified Communications Engineer's primary responsibility is to design, construct and deliver complex Cisco network and unified communications solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging Engineering standards, principles, and patterns.
- Collaborate with a global delivery team servicing over 700 locations and provide tier three support as required
- Establish new patterns and delivery processes.
- Align technical roadmaps to near term project requirements.
- Provide feedback on real world application of technologies to architectures and anticipated demands/gaps
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently evaluate technologies to shape design and delivery of Network & Unified Communication solutions in consideration of cost, portability, compatibility, or usability factors
Leverage and influence technical strategy and direction for enterprise platforms
Thought leadership, respected for his/her opinion within chosen technology area
Champion industry best practices across globe through industry interaction and change management
Acts as a mentor and provides guiding influence to others
Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects up to an enterprise level deployment
Sets project implementation approach for customer and external supplier activities and deliverables
Drives decisions and deliverables across teams
Negotiate moderate to large scale vendor technology SOWs and managed service agreements
- 7 years of experience in Cisco Networking & Unified Communications technologies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Must have experience in a converged Cisco LAN/VoIP environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Business Acumen – Intermediate level
- Systems and IT Knowledge - Advanced/SME Level:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1 or higher
- Cisco Communications Manager Express
- Cisco Unity Connection Voicemail 9 or higher
- High level of demonstrable knowledge in Cisco routing, switching, wireless and unified communications
- Cisco Voice Gateways (2900, 3900, 4000 series, VG224, VG310, VG350)
- Cisco Core, Distribution and Edge switches (3700, 3800, 4500, 6500 series)
- Cisco Wireless Controllers (5500, 7500)
- Cisco Lightweight Access Points (1242, 3600, 3700)
- Experience positioning and designing L2/L3 core and access layer infrastructure
- Experience with WAN technologies such as MPLS, T1, T3
- Voice Gateway configuration including PRI, CAS, FXO, FXS, H.323, SIP, ISDN and/or MGCP integration experience
- Experience with Cisco Prime (Assurance/Infrastructure) deployment, provisioning, and usage
- Strong vendor management and service delivery skill
- CCNP/CCIE in the following disciplines
- Experience with Cisco ACS or ISE
- Experience with Cisco Jabber and Spark
- Experience with Cisco Telepresence including Presence, Expressways, WebEx
- Experience with network analysis tools such as Netscout and SolarWinds
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering / Equivalent
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.