What you’ll be doing...
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in strategic planning (network, services), transformation programs or delivering solutions (Strategic and Tactical Solutions Architecture).
- Knowledge in NFV/SDN (benefits, technologies, key vendors, use cases, etc.)
- Knowledge of SDN/NFV concepts and the ecosystem - SDN controller, ONF, ETSI NFV, Opendaylight, Openstack, VMWare.
- Experience with SOA Architecture Framework, Network protocols (NETCONF, REST etc.) and Model Driven Architecture (TOSCA, YANG etc.)
- Knowledge of Virtual Networking Products like Cisco IWAN, SD-WAN and Premised based and Cloud based Security solutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud Apps & Cloud Aware software Implementation. Understanding of Cloud technologies & ecosystems DOCKERS, Elasticity Manager, etc.
- Knowledge of Wireline and Wireless Network for access, transport, edge and core networks.
- Experience with Traditional router hardware and software architecture, and the Data & Control plane.
- Knowledge in telecom technologies, industry trends (network architectures, technologies, services) used in wireline, wireless or cable operators.
Even better if you have:
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience
- Strong background in network solutions and architectures (legacy and next gen) including customer expectations and pain points.
- Experience with telecom business processes related to BSS and OSS operations.
- Excellent facilitation & presentation skills, written and oral Communication.
- Ability to exert influence, gain consensus and broker solutions between senior leaders.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to large programs in terms technical or operational direction.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.