Senior Network Automation Systems Engineer
Capital One is seeking a hands-on technical Senior Engineer to serve as a subject matter expert in Fault Management and Network Management Systems. Capital One Network Management Systems is responsible for designing, deploying, and operating a full suite of fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security tools for telecommunications infrastructure management. This position contributes in a cross-functional Agile Scrum-Kanban team to collect and define client requirements and translate their needs into functional design, delivery, and ongoing operations of network management toolsets. This is a great opportunity to stay close to both customer’s network management requirements while providing functional, technical, and development on complex and high priority network projects. The role is perfect for a results oriented individual who likes to partner actively with clients, work with technology teams and likes to get their hands dirty with development, configuration, testing, roll out and production support of network management solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry-standard solutions and emerging technologies in the network monitoring and visibility space, and drive adoption at Capital One as appropriate.
- Take technical leadership initiative in proposing new solutions, enhancements, and optimization to increase network visibility and monitoring functionality.
- Enable a standardized networking environment through inventory management, templating, provisioning, auditing/reporting, and resolving discrepancies through automated means
- Develop tools for comprehensive network monitoring and visibility including dashboards and other visualization to represent real-time network state and health
- Participate in daily NMS Agile team grooming, standups, and retrospectives sessions
- Substantial focus on Fault Management within the NMS tools space
- Hands-on day-to-day support and management of existing NMS solutions.
- Requirements gathering and follow full life cycle of the new solutions per requirements.
- Actively participate and provide technical recommendations on current solutions and future enhancements.
- Team player and support on-call responsibilities as NMS team member.
- Coordinate upgrades/updates and maintenance of NMS tool solutions.
- Collaborate across multiple technical teams and lines of business with focus on implementing enterprise NMS solutions.
- Coordinate and impart knowledge/training sessions on Network Management services.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous fault management network device experience
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with proven ability to collaborate across a variety of distributed teams.
- Extremely organized individual with the ability to manage multiple projects, lead and/or participate on multiple project teams following Agile methodologies.
Experience with five or more of the following tools:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP and Ethernet networks including campus and datacenter implementations.
- At least 3 years of experience with fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security tools managing data network infrastructure.
- At least 3 years of HP Network Node Manager experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Syslog Collector and analytics technologies.
- At least 1 year of experience with supporting Linux servers
- At least 2 years of experience in Network Operations or at least 2 years of experience in Network Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering
- 2 years of experience with Ansible/Chef/Puppet, ELK stack, Docker and public cloud environments.
- 5 years of HP Network Node Manager experience
- 5 years of Balabit Syslog-NG experience
- 2 year of experience with Splunk
- 3 year of experience with supporting Linux servers
- 3 years of Network Management Systems experience
- 1 year of experience turning fault message into human readable messages for north bound event notification
- 1 year of experience implementing fault Event Correlation
- 1 year of experience implementing Closed Loop Incident Processing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.