Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is a Senior Network Engineer position with Visa's Global Network Engineering team. The selected candidate will work with a high performing team to develop, design, & support robust networks for Visa's backbone, Internet, & WAN access infrastructures.
• Plan, design, and implement project based initiatives in the network engineering functional area, directly supporting network systems in the MPLS backbone, Internet, & WAN access environments to fulfill business needs for performance and cost benefits.
• Serve as a technical lead for hardware installation, configuration, and operational support of these WAN backbone networks
• Serve as technical a lead for WAN and WAN Optimization, working with application owners and clients to fine-tune WAN links for optimal performance
• Serve as a technical lead for BGP routing and Internet access, working with application to optimize application delivery on the network
• Provide 3rd level technical support to Visa clients and to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
• Evaluate new technology and bring opportunities forward that would improve the future network architecture, performance, and network services
• Ensure full compliance of Visa Key Controls and Technical Service Requirements for all network architecture, designs, and implementations both past and present
• Ensure all changes go through appropriate review, change control, and acceptance before implementation
• Lead development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
• Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on network development or support issues
• Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe
• Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
• Development of processes and procedures for use by the Network team and third parties in the management of network environments
• Develop and position solutions and build plans to effectively gain buy-in from all participants
• Develop and streamline processes to further improve delivery of Global Network and Telecommunication services
• Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.