Blizzard Entertainment's global information systems team is looking for a talented, experienced, and highly motivated senior network engineer to develop, implement, and support Blizzard's internal global network. The ideal candidate must excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide not only operational support, but work closely with peers to architect and implement new technologies. This individual must be a team player that will work across cross-functional teams and have the ability and willingness to mentor others as well as have sound business approach for support of our global network footprint.
It is key that the candidate obsesses over the customer experience and drive for excellence in their everyday work. Though this role is highly technical, it requires strong people skills, strong and tactful communications skills, and someone who will enjoy the dynamic nature of the Blizzard business.Responsibilities
- Maintain Blizzard network infrastructure by providing both remote and onsite support through a 24 / 7 on-call rotation to ensure high levels of network uptime.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and support switches, firewalls, routers, proxies, wan accelerators, wireless, and other networking infrastructure to prevent productivity and data loss.
- Troubleshoot and define root causes of network incidents.
- Participate in development and improvement of architectural strategy, support strategy, monitoring strategy, including technology standardization of enterprise, and data center network infrastructures.
- Maintain cognizance of current industry networking technology and development, and provide recommendations / solutions as appropriate towards the positive evolution of Blizzard networking infrastructure.
- Work directly with security team to ensure highest security standards implementation.
- Document and keep current / accurate operational processes, procedures, and network topology.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to less experienced network administrators by knowledge sharing and cross-training.
- Suggest improvements to technology solutions and business practices as recognized.
- A minimum of 6 years' networking experience in large enterprise environments
- Expert knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software and technologies
- Expert understanding of WAN / LAN / DMZ / etc, VPN's, TCP / IP, DNS, VLANs, etc. in a distributed environment
- Expert understanding of WAN technologies - MPLS, DWDM, Metro Ethernet
- Extensive experience in design, configuration and troubleshooting of OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF's and BGP
- Extensive experience with Cisco ASA firewall clusters, Palo Alto Network firewalls
- Extensive experience with Cisco Nexus, 9Ks, 7Ks, 5Ks, 2Ks, 3Ks, VDC's / VRF's, VSS, Catalyst 6500 and access layer switches
- Proficiency with load balancing technologies (A10, F5, Cisco CSM / CSS / ACE)
- Experience with Cisco / IronPort Proxy Services
- Proficient in packet analysis (Clearsight, Wireshark)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Prime Infrastructure, etc)
- Experience with SAN storage technologies including FC, ISCSI, FCOE
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive internal information
- Able to independently analyze problems, research potential technical solutions, evaluate alternatives, and present recommendations to the leadership team
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work effectively with internal teams
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Network certification (CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE)
- Experience with WAN compression and acceleration
- Understanding of ITIL framework / processes and Agile methodologies
- Experience with virtualization: VMware, Cisco UCS, KVM
- Experience with VXLAN
- Experience with private cloud networking infrastructure
- Comfortable with Linux / UNIX / Windows
- A passion for video games
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.