Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- About the You and the Role:
- This position requires advance knowledge of Production Infrastructure and Operations. You will be responsible of ensuring uptime of the production network, and must have strong technical hands-on experience with all things networking; routers, firewall, load balancing including on premise and cloud based technologies.
- You understand moving fast is key for the company and ensuring services are available 24/7 requires a balancing act between changes can be applied with and without network impacts.
- Operations and Networking brings out the geek in you as you think about scalability and performance of the network.
- You often like to run point for tracking bug issues with network vendors, delivering projects of all sizes and enjoy performing routing network tasks to complex troubleshooting.
- You have a knack for automating things that you find yourself doing repetitively, showcasing your programming (Ruby, Phyton, Bash, etc) skills or automation systems like Ansible, Tail -F, Chef, Puppet.
- Should go without saying, you are technical. You have an advanced knowledge of ethernet topologies and network protocols, super deep knowledge of routing and switching including BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, ACLs, VLANs, Spanning Tree, etc
- You are no stranger to Software Defined Networking (SDN) or application based networking, where you have a solid understanding of AWS, VMware, Openstack (Contrail), Illumio, PAN technologies.
- Some other fun facts...
- MUST have, Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving thousands of servers.
- You posses a strong understanding of enterprise level thinking on a few levels; documentation, runbooks, root cause analysis, capacity-trending, bug fixes and hardware evaluations - to name a few.
- Your awesome communication skills leave no room for ambiguity or miscommunication, and your follow up skills are second to none.
- You can handle multiple projects and tasks, solve walkup problems while under pressure, and prioritize and organize effectively.
- At at minimum, 7+ years of Network administration experience; 3-5 years of SDN experience;
- Bonus consideration for experience desirable, if you had been a System Engineer (CentOS, SunOS, Solaris/Linux) previously.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.