Senior Network Operations Engineer (Cisco Network Engineer)
Candidate must possess strong to advanced knowledge of routing / switching, carrier services and data center services. Candidate will primarily act in a Tier 3 engineering support role for the enterprise data network platforms performing various activities. Such activities include troubleshooting performance issues and performing break-fix network changes. This position calls for a candidate who will help execute against support strategies for data network platform requirements and deployments. The candidate should have experience with and a strong knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change management processes. Candidate will drive technical resolution of High-Severity & Low Severity Incidents. Candidate will provide direct support of Problem Management process, including Post-Mortem participation and presentations.
Candidate will help govern device remediation and Operational Resiliency activities. At time the candidate may manage the work of technical associates and Vendors.
- Supports LAN/WAN and Carrier services with potential to branch into
Firewall, Load Balancing, Wireless Mobility, DNS and DHCP platforms to ensure peak
operating performance is maintained.
- Tier 3 escalation resource for incident resolution.
- Consult with various technology support groups as part of problem resolution efforts.
- Proactively evaluate network environments using various tools and management
- Assess vulnerabilities, identify and implement mitigation plans.
- Own platform life-cycle management.
- Contribute to enterprise network strategy/solutions development and technology
- Provide input to network enterprise design standards and maintain network topology
- Participate in technology integration efforts with other engineering and support teams.
- Provide direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards.
- Manage and Govern relationships with technology vendors utilized in the enterprise
- Provide Technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Expert in Routing Protocols OSPF& BGP and different platform of Cisco routers ASR1000, 7600,
7200, 3800, 2800 etc.
- Expert in Switching L2/L3 and different platforms of Cisco switches Nexus 2k, 5K, 6K 7K , Cat 6500, 4500,
4900, 3700, 3500 etc.
- Expert with troubleshooting and hands-on for routing & switching.
- Experience in implementing and troubleshooting the following technologies: Fabric Path, Spanning Tree,
MPLS, GETVPN, PBR (Policy Based Routing), QOS, Video, Unified Communications.
- Experience with design, configuration and support of datacenter, campus and remote solutions.
- Experience leveraging network management tools and performing packet analysis as
part of incident/problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible work environment and multiple locations as needed
- High school diploma, GED/equivalent certification or military experience.
- At least 15 years of experience in all technical aspects of switching and router implementation.
- At least 10 years of leadership experience in operational support or at least 8 years of leadership
in an engineering capacity for a large enterprise network.
- At least 15 years of experience in all aspects of engineering or at least 4 years of experience in all aspects
of operational support.
- Bachelor’s degree
- CCNP Datacenter Routing and Switching certification or CCIE written w/ lab
- 10 years of experience in technical leadership in a large enterprise network
- 15 years of experience in IT projects
- 15 years of experience in IT infrastructure
- 15 years of experience in all technical aspects of Routing implementation
- 15 years of experience in all technical aspects of Switching implementation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.