**Must sit in Jacksonville, FL**
1. Experience with OpenShift Enterprise implementation and support-Configuration and deployment of OpenShift Enterprise master hosts and node hosts, deploy the authentication, and use OpenShift to deploy applications
2. Experience building Red Hat Platform as a Service Cloud Infrastructure- administration and support(tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments), operate running systems(including booting into different run levels), and configuring file systems such as permissions, encryption, and access control lists.
Senior IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Red Hat OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technology. Senior IT Systems Engineer's provide technical support and troubleshoot problems and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of PaaS. Senior IT Systems Engineers drive and implement automation enhancements and process improvement efforts, for multiple complex systems/applications.
* Build a Red Hat Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud infrastructure:
o Red Hat Linux administration and support:
• Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation.
• Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services.
• Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes.
• Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems.
• Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services.
• Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
• Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration.
o OpenShift Enterprise implementation and support:
• Configure and deploy OpenShift Enterprise master hosts.
• Configure and deploy OpenShift node hosts.
• Deploy the OpenShift Enterprise authentication.
• Manage OpenShift Enterprise resources.
• Use OpenShift Enterprise to deploy applications.
o CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management:
• Perform initial configuration of CloudForms appliance.
• Deploy virtual machines.
• Perform policy-based management.
• Customize a dashboard.
• Create a catalog.
• Provision services.
• Analyze timelines and events.
• Run automations.
* Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution on Linux systems - performance, health, and configuration.
* Assure best-practices and standards are implemented and adhered to for software systems.
* Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management and monitoring tools.
* Notify Government representatives of issues involving performance of the operating environment.
* Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
* Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
* Other duties as assigned
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.