Grow with us in one of our state-of-the art manufacturing facilities. You have a proven track record of developing winning teams. You are detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities. While you are at it you'll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Senior Operations Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Serving as a member of Plant Management Leadership Team setting direction and policy for the entire operation. Communicating direction to primary and secondary report personnel. Holding department accountable for adherence to plant direction and policy
- Ensuring raw materials are converted into finished goods for assigned area/shift. Ensuring processing, packaging, warehouse and maintenance execution meets targets. Ensuring maintenance execution supports production performance. Ensuring integration of metrics across the process. Accountable for SIC and SOL management. Accountable for assigned shift & responsible to integrate actions with other shifts
- Accountable for deployment and sustainability of Lean Training
- Ensuring adherence to all standard work processes, including K-LEAN processes
- Accountable for compliance with all regulations. Food safety - plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed. Compliance with food safety policies and procedures. Compliance with employee safety policies and procedures
- MCRS sustainability: Establishing and ensuring achievement of all unit KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement for all area MCRS elements
- Responsible for assisting with/creating operating budgets and capital budgets with other department managers. Directing all department expense budgets with appropriate accounting information. Managing within the budget. Participating in the business planning and budgeting process. Developing short and long-term cost containment/reduction strategies
- Accountable for execution of relevant projects within assigned area. Monitor project plans and status to ensure completion. Communicating project or program status, work activities, and potential problems to supervisors, team members, and appropriate others (e.g., Legal, Communications). Assigning project related work to team members taking into account workload, deadlines, and team members' capabilities
- Responsible for talent management process for Operations employees. Ensuring Diversity and Inclusion meets/exceeds corporate standards. Following staffing process along with interviewing and selecting best candidate for openings. Ensuring Operations is appropriately staffed. Managing development & use of necessary/correct performance measures. Ensuring employees are properly trained to execute their duties
- Accountable for ensuring union contract terms & conditions are met for area of responsibility. Process grievances
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the organization's strengths, weaknesses, and resources, identifying potential organizational problems and opportunities. Making strategic decisions, considering immediate and long-term implications, benefits and costs, and risks associated with decision alternatives. Communicating the strategic vision to employees and obtain their input and commitment, motivating them to work toward common plans and objectives. Communicating and reinforcing roles and responsibilities of the team and how they support the strategies and values of Kellogg
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field plus consistently demonstrated managerial experience or High School Diploma/GED plus extensive relevant work experience
- Effective communication (both written and verbally) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage people
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision making skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- 10 to12 hour days are the standard, with on call responsibility 24/7/365.
- Interaction across all three shifts is critical to the success of this role
- Candidate must be able to effectively function in a union environment and promote positive labor relations
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- SAP experience
- PI experience
- Union experience
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.