This position drives activities to maintain flat costs, while improving plant performance in the areas of True Efficiency, Safety, Quality and Supply Chain Capability, ensures compliance Quality objectives are met and maintains positive employee relations while driving significant change.
Scope: This position will have the Production Department and Maintenance Department reporting into the role. As well as the accountability for each of the overall department resources, including supervisors and staff.Major Task Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:Essential functions:
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Job Qualifications:
- Identify and coordinate improvements in the operations area necessary to meet the variance commitments for the plant and flat cost targets. Ensure that costs gaps are identified, action plans are developed and adequate resources are allocated to meet all financial objectives.
- Drive overall Supply Chain capabilities by managing plant wide implementation of TPM, True Efficiency and team development with specific emphasis on the AM and PM pillars
- Achieve all Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety & Motivation KPI objectives.
- Provide a work environment which adheres to compliance/ regulatory guidelines, ensuring performance against objectives.
- Continually evaluate Business Unit capabilities, skills and resource alignment to ensure performance against objectives. Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide executional excellence.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement that meets or exceeds division expectations.
- Establish clear performance and behavioral expectations for all employees, provide feedback on results.
- Maintain an effective performance management process reviewing all direct report's progress against mid-year and annual plans and continually develop their effectiveness as leaders and technical practitioners, as well as providing opportunity for career development.
- Production and Maintenance skills will be heavily relied on to improve plant performance and TPM initiatives.
- Systematically lead the identification and elimination of losses resulting in improvements in costs, inventory, time and quality.
- Provide active and positive leadership in the effort to drive the cultural across the facility.
- This position requires a minimum 4-year business/ manufacturing related degree and8+ years experience in manufacturing.
- The following skills are also required: Financial and Accounting skills
- Project management skills, human relations/ communication skills, team based manufacturing, results oriented. A working knowledge of the following is also essential:
- Employee relations, regulatory requirements, operations, engineering methods and costing, Accounting, Statistics, Maintenance and Quality Assurance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with plant personnel, outside contractors and different functional groups within the business units.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, finance, capital planning, project cost tracking and forecasting, economic justification analysis, statistical process control, and manufacturing management systems.
- Demonstrated leadership in safety & environmental compliance.
- Familiarity with TPM concepts, experience in implementing TPM initiatives across multiple teams is desired.
- Strong innovative external focus with excellent learning agility and proven ability to affect sustainable change.
- Must be very comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with little leadership and structure.
- Very strong influence management and communication skills, must be able to sell ideas and gain organizational buy-in.
- High levels of analytical and financial skills, ability to use data to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities and accurately assess financial impacts.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of an organization, plant floor to Sr. Management.
- A sense of urgency that drives ability to effectively deliver results.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
Eligible for Standard Relocation