* Developing state of the art Silicon Photonics (SiPh) devices and assemblies;
* Working with mechanical, electrical, optical, & test engineers to determine process requirements and define process capabilities;
* Leading hands-on development of die attach and assembly processes using micron level pick and place machines for next-generation transceiver products
* Developing technical expertise on micron level pick/place and alignment machines;
* Performing characterization and failure analysis on next-generation SiPh devices and assemblies;
* Development of automated optical alignment equipment and processes for Silicon Photonics devices;
* Interacting with and travelling to CMs to transfer processes and equipment to a production line;
* Travelling to vendors for equipment evaluation and buy-off;
* Leading reviews of process development activities;
* Minimum 6 years of process experience (8 or more is preferred) in process development (photonics or semiconductor is preferred) using micron level pick and place machines;
* In depth understanding of assembly processes such as die bonding, wire bonding, epoxying, optical alignment etc.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skill. Detail oriented problem solver, sense of urgency and commitment to achieve targeted goals.
* Ability to work independently with limited direction, as well as in a team environment across functional and organizational boundaries is required.
* Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver against a schedule;
* Experience in SiPh assembly processes and design rules is a plus;
* Proficiency in JMP or statistical analysis tool is a plus;
* Team player with good communication skills. Strong technical leadership skills are a plus.
* Proven experience in executing complex projects that require cross-functional teamwork is preferred;
* Bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred) in related engineering field;
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.