The primary responsibilities for the Technology Underwriter position will include the following:
- Risk Selection/Technical Underwriting: Takes lead role in risk selection, pricing, and Technology account management.
- Has extensive knowledge of Hartford Programs, forms and services for the Technology & Life Science Practice and within The Enterprise, with emphasis on Middle Market, and Hartford Financial Products.
- Is creative in use of underwriting tools and techniques to write profitable business. Uses pricing models for appropriate risk selection/pricing and is able to communicate rationale for underwriting decisions.
- Exhibits a commitment to finding ways to write business without sacrifice of quality, including appropriate leverage of all lines and account underwriting. Successful individual will be responsible for both Tech and Life Science risks.
- Creates, drives and executes on strategies for new and renewal accounts (prospective book management, executes on the mix strategy, low strategy, territorial and agency sales plans, etc.)
- Consults and provides solutions
- Effectively provides excellent account management service of assigned Division through strategic planning and operational excellence
- Ensures the consistent delivery and execution of the Circle of Service process; tailoring a service plan for each client based on needs. Positively impacts and influences final account pricing and terms.
- Successfully sells the proposal
- Responsible for, or influences, retention
- Takes lead in communicating strategy to the agency; coordinates communications across the Enterprise; educates others on the strategy
- Coaches and mentors others on Agency Management
- Trusted advisor to agency; manages the book of business
- Establishes and maintains pipeline
- Manages cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across team; generates cross-sell opportunities
- Manages the sales process including planning, operating routines, and monitoring
- Sources opportunities for other team members
- Coaches and mentors others on sales practices
- Is well versed about every aspect of The Hartford's Value proposition to best position us for success
- Is professionally demanding and holds internal and external customers accountable
- Consulting with the agents to answer questions regarding coverage, explaining processes, directing the agents to appropriate resources within the Hartford based on their unique needs
- Directs and coordinates identified service issues
- Is highly familiar with how service operates
- Makes recommendations to service; provides feedback to Service leaders
- 5 years of P&C Technology or Multi-line underwriting experience required; Technology E&O preferred
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred, or equivalent in experience
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships
- CPCU, IIA or CIC coursework preferred
- Ability to travel within Southwest territory and meet with agents; up to 40% travel and overnights will be required- a valid driver's license is also required
- A consistent, proven, high level of performance and achievement
- Aptitude for numerical and/or financial evaluation of business performance
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and critical thinking decision making skills
- Keen influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization
- Self-driven and highly motivated for success
***Position level and title commensurate with experience and determined after careful review and validation of candidate's qualifications***
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression