Join a growing and dynamic team to develop and test our next-generation cloud storage service. The Oracle Public Cloud - Storage team is developing a new web-scale infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offering. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits.
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for providing technical expertise in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of an existing high-volume, data intensive system. Position requires critical thinking and problem solving abilities to address complex issues, especially pertaining to scale and performance of very large databases.
Candidate must be able to support large enterprise initiatives and help resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure; specifically the database architecture (schema design, indexing strategies), application functionality (identifying changes to improve performance) and hardware setup and configuration.
The candidate will work with a cross-section of organizations, including other DBAs, systems engineers, developers and the management team. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle RMDBS internals, with an emphasis on scaling and performance
- Strong Database Administration and SQL skills
- Superior troubleshooting skills, battle-tested in high-volume production environments
- Hands on experience with performance tuning
- Daily administration activities such as storage layout, RMAN, Data Guard replication, backup/restore, patching, maintenance, upgrades, and access control should be second nature
- Proficient with automation of maintenance tasks using PL/SQL and scripting tools such as shell script, Perl or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer focus and handling skills
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong focus on diagnosing and resolving complex technical problems
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work as member of a global team
- Results oriented
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.