Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Oracle DBA / Architect
Essential functions of Senior Oracle DBA/Architect include
- Support development teams with technical and physical design, development, and maintenance of Oracle Server databases; including data analysis and modeling, programming, implementation, performance monitoring, tuning, cloning/refreshing, planning, problem resolution, and data dictionary administration.
- Install, upgrade, and patch database software, agents, utilities, and options.
- Collaborate with development teams on use of standard practices for the design and implementation of databases to meet user application requirements.
- Maintain test tools for managing Oracle objects and diagnosing problems.
- Execute test and audit strategies for backup, security, and disaster recovery of Oracle Server Databases and other systems.
-Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- 4+ years experience with large scale distributed, horizontally scalable architectures
- 4+ years experience with relational databases.
- 4+ years experience developing applications using Java.
- 4+ years experience using Github
- 4+ years experience in continuous integration and development methodologies tools
- Master's Degree
- At least 5 years Oracle OCP level knowledge.
- At least 7 years of experience focused on Oracle DBA administration in medium to large corporate environments.
- At least 7+ years system experience with one or more Unix/Linux servers from various vendors (Oracle, HP, IBM, etc); database performance monitoring and capacity planning; OS functions and capabilities; familiarity with UNIX scheduling, archive/backup management, file transfer protocols and editors.
- At least one year of Postgres, Cassandra, MS SQL Server is a plus
- At least one year of AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.