Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Oracle DBA / Architect
Essential functions of Senior Oracle DBA/Architect include:
- Support development teams with technical and physical design, development, and maintenance of Oracle Server databases; including data analysis and modeling, programming, implementation, performance monitoring, tuning, cloning/refreshing, planning, problem resolution, and data dictionary administration.
- Install, upgrade, and patch database software, agents, utilities, and options.
- Collaborate with development teams on use of standard practices for the design and implementation of databases to meet user application requirements.
- Maintain test tools for managing Oracle objects and diagnosing problems.
- Execute test and audit strategies for backup, security, and disaster recovery of Oracle Server Databases and other systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years experience with large scale distributed, horizontally scalable architectures
- At least 4 years experience with relational databases.
- At least 4 years experience developing applications using Java.
- At least 4 years experience using Github
- At least 4 years experience in continuous integration and development methodologies tool
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years Oracle OCP level knowledge and certification.
- 7+ years of experience focused on Oracle DBA administration in medium to large corporate environments.
- 7+ years experience with system knowledge inclusive of experience with one or more Unix/Linux servers from various vendors (Oracle, HP, IBM, etc); database performance monitoring and capacity planning; OS functions and capabilities; UNIX scheduling, archive/backup management, file transfer protocols and editors.
- 2+ years working knowledge of Postgres, Cassandra, MS SQL Server
- 1+ years working knowledge of AWS
- 5+ years basic project and time management skills; multi-tasking and prioritize workloads; demonstrated analytical capabilities;
- 5+ years experience communicating effectively with support peers, end users, and all levels of corporate management. Manage vendor communication and create/host presentations.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.