Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa
works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our
VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the
Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
The Database Engineering Team is part of the Global Service Engineering and is responsible for engineering highly available and resilient database infrastructure for multiple enterprise applications and multiple business lines. In this role you will be responsible for design, development, configuration, problem analysis, deployment, and continuous operational improvement of database infrastructure used at Visa.
Should you join our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Oracle/GoldenGate technologies, including HA and DR technologies, to produce highly available, and resilient database systems
- You will bring with you a core understanding of the underlying infrastructure and technologies of complex database systems is required (i.e. Physical and VM compute infrastructure, SAN infrastructure, Unix/Linux Operating Systems, Network, etc.)
- You must be able to collaborate with others to manage and rationalize incoming requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions which will include strong documentation skills throughout the systems development lifecycle
- As an individual contributor, you will solve complex problems and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- You will operate as a technical/functional specialist and exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from your supervisor
- You'll provide technical expertise to design and implement the most efficient and cost effective solutions for Oracle based database systems considering High-Availability, Backup/Recovery
Provide DBA support for databases in various environments including development, QA, performance, pre-production for capacity planning, trend analysis, predictive maintenance
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms
- Enhance database standards, operating procedures, engineering patterns and automation
Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLAs and performance target set
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited university
- 8+ years of total experience with at least 5 years as DBA/DBE with one or more of the following DBMS platforms: Oracle.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise with Oracle including Pri/Standby DataGuard setup
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Advanced performance and SQL tuning skills
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux OS and storage subsystems to design high performing DB Systems
- Proficiency in Korn/bash shell scripting
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
The following are not required though if you have them, you'll be a stand-out candidate for this position:
- Experience with other DB technologies such as NoSQL and Hadoop
- Experience implementing Database as a Service
- Experience with Perl, Jython/Python scripting or any programming language
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.