DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Package Development Engineer provides technical expertise in the areas of design, development, testing and production scale-up of new packaging components and systems. He/she leads projects and provides mentorship to other Packaging Engineers.
The responsibilities of the Senior Package Development Engineer are as follows:
- Designs, develops, and oversees validation of package components and packaging processes
- Evaluates new package concepts and technologies. Leads process improvement or task teams.
- Partners with the creative design group to deliver packaging components in a timely manner for research and development and packaging system projects.
- Directs major sections of new package development projects. Determines packaging methods and techniques and adapts standard methods to meet variations.
- Utilizes technical expertise, comprehensive work experience, complex and diverse package engineering knowledge to generate valid creative solutions.
- Continually evaluates new packaging solutions and alternatives in order to improve operating efficiency, generate market differentiators and add sources of revenue.
- Participates and provides technical expertise for risk assessment and compliance assurance programs.
- Assures delivery of robust, cost effective, fully compliant packaging solutions that meet current and evolving customers’ needs.
- Knows and follows all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Promotes and nurtures the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance and actively supports our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent Technical Degree is required.
- A minimum of 4-6 years packaging experience in a regulated industry is required.
- Medical Device experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of CAD/drawing packages (AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills in managing and maintaining projects are required.
- Decision making capability on technical and management issues is required.
- Able to lead multiple projects in a matrix environment is required.
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Good attention to detail is required.
- Local/Domestic travel up to 15% with potential for international travel is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.