TEKsystems is seeking a Senior Network Engineer with Palo Alto / Cisco ASA Firewall experience for its client in the greater Columbus, Ohio area. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting the firewalls and security devices within the client's current infrastructure.
The key goal in this role is to ensure the integrity of high availability security infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and stability for critical applications and services. You will be additionally responsible for providing guidance and mentorship to other Firewall and Networking members.
- Install, support and maintain firewall and other security hardware and software infrastructure according to industry best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, and VPN concentrators
- Diagnose advanced problems and solve issues, often under time constraints
- Subject matter expert for the firewall team and consult with other business units when necessary.
- Monitors network performance and implements performance tuning when necessary.
- Create and update documentation utilizing organizational standards to ensure retention and collaboration of knowledge
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manage firewall/security systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting firewall operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- 3-5 years Firewall Troubleshooting and Support of multiple firewall and security vendor's solutions, including Palo Alto and Cisco ASA Firewalls
- 3 years LAN/WAN Network Engineering Experience
- Technical Project Management Experience
Additional Skills/Experience Desired:
At this time, we are reviewing candidates local to the greater Columbus, Ohio area.
- Intermediate to expert understanding of Cisco firewall and IPS configuration and maintenance.
- Comfortable documenting and explaining network topologies, including understanding and diagraming existing network and security infrastructure and creating plans for future upgrades
- Experience in Network and Security Design and Implementation
- Strong understanding of security equipment and operation, including Intrusion Protection Services, Intrusion Prevention Systems and VPN Concentrators (User and site-to-site)
- Proven experience in Network and Firewall Troubleshooting; Security Hardware Configuration; Network Performance Tuning
- Knowledge desired in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (such as SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP,EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, and/or IPSEC)
To apply, please upload resume and contact recruiter with additional questions. We anticipate this role will be filled by Mid-December 2017. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity; compensation on contract is commensurate with experience and commensurate with client's targeted salary conversion range, which is extremely competitive.
Thank you for your interest and consideration!About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.