Be a part of the team that's changing the way the world works as the new Senior Patent Counsel located in Sunnyvale, CA. As an integral member of our fast-paced, well-rounded, collaborative and FUN Legal team, you will play an active role in fulfilling LinkedIn's mission of connecting the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. We are seeking a smart, enthusiastic, and experienced world-class patent attorney who will help address the novel and complex legal and business issues that confront a fast-growing company committed to innovation. If you like smart, funny and motivated people who do not take themselves too seriously, you will fit in well with our Team!
- Reporting to our Director of Patents, you will assist in building a global patent portfolio to support LinkedIn s business goals, earning the confidence and cooperation of all constituents in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Protect LinkedIn's inventions by actively harvesting across various established and emerging business lines, and successfully manage the prosecution process to the issuance of strategic patents and key portfolio positions.
- Perform patent analysis, including patent landscape analysis.
- Assist with developing and implementing of strategies to protect and defend LinkedIn's business and intellectual property, and to support overall business goals.
- Provide support on litigation, strategic licensing and M&A diligence matters involving intellectual property.
- Play an active role in fulfilling LinkedIn's mission of connecting the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful, by being an integral member of our fast-paced, well-rounded, collaborative and FUN legal team.
- 7+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience in patent prosecution and portfolio management.
- Experience in patent law and other aspects of intellectual property law.
- Admission to the PTO is required.
- Experience working in a collaborative, cross-functional manner with legal and non-legal professionals, especially technology talent (the ability to drive to decisions and execute is critical.)
- Decisive, organized, detail-oriented, strategic thinker with a roll-up-the-sleeves-and-get-it-done personality who is adept at multi-tasking and thriving in a fast-paced work environment.
- Internet company experience is preferred.
- Law firm training is strongly preferred.
- Admission to the California bar is strongly preferred.
- A great sense of humor!